Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Nordvpn-openvpn-enigma2

Openvpn and Nord

Guys I hate to open an old thread but using the instructions I have been able to set up the connection, I am however having a little issue. Here's the Log @

Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 WARNING: file 'password.conf' is group or others accessible
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.3 mipsel-oe-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Aug 12 2019
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2q 20 Nov 2018, LZO 2.10
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 WARNING: --ping should normally be used with --ping-restart or --ping-exit
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 NOTE: --fast-io is disabled since we are not using UDP
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 Outgoing Control Channel Authentication: Using 512 bit message hash 'SHA512' for HMAC authentication
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 Incoming Control Channel Authentication: Using 512 bit message hash 'SHA512' for HMAC authentication
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 Socket Buffers: R=[87380->87380] S=[16384->16384]
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443 [nonblock]
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 TCP connection established with [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 TCP_CLIENT link local: (not bound)
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 TCP_CLIENT link remote: [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 TLS: Initial packet from [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443, sid=c26a5942 4c0ed95a
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=2, C=PA, O=NordVPN, CN=NordVPN Root CA
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=1, C=PA, O=NordVPN, CN=NordVPN CA5
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 VERIFY KU OK
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 Validating certificate extended key usage
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 ++ Certificate has EKU (str) TLS Web Server Authentication, expects TLS Web Server Authentication
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 VERIFY EKU OK
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=0, CN=uk1773.nordvpn.com
Fri Oct 9 22:04:22 2020 Control Channel: TLSv1.2, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, 4096 bit RSA
Fri Oct 9 22:04:22 2020 [uk1773.nordvpn.com] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443
Fri Oct 9 22:04:23 2020 SENT CONTROL [uk1773.nordvpn.com]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)
Fri Oct 9 22:04:23 2020 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
Fri Oct 9 22:04:23 2020 SIGUSR1[soft,auth-failure] received, process restarting
Fri Oct 9 22:04:23 2020 Restart pause, 10 second(s)

Now that looks like its failing on the user and password. I can log into Nord using the credentials I have keyed into the password.conf file, has anyone seen this ?

Im a tad confused ...

Any help would be very much appreciated
 
Guys I hate to open an old thread but using the instructions I have been able to set up the connection, I am however having a little issue. Here's the Log @

Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 WARNING: file 'password.conf' is group or others accessible
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 OpenVPN 2.4.3 mipsel-oe-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [EPOLL] [MH/PKTINFO] [AEAD] built on Aug 12 2019
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2q 20 Nov 2018, LZO 2.10
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 WARNING: --ping should normally be used with --ping-restart or --ping-exit
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 NOTE: --fast-io is disabled since we are not using UDP
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 Outgoing Control Channel Authentication: Using 512 bit message hash 'SHA512' for HMAC authentication
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 Incoming Control Channel Authentication: Using 512 bit message hash 'SHA512' for HMAC authentication
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 TCP/UDP: Preserving recently used remote address: [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 Socket Buffers: R=[87380->87380] S=[16384->16384]
Fri Oct 9 22:04:19 2020 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443 [nonblock]
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 TCP connection established with [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 TCP_CLIENT link local: (not bound)
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 TCP_CLIENT link remote: [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 TLS: Initial packet from [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443, sid=c26a5942 4c0ed95a
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory -- use the auth-nocache option to prevent this
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=2, C=PA, O=NordVPN, CN=NordVPN Root CA
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=1, C=PA, O=NordVPN, CN=NordVPN CA5
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 VERIFY KU OK
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 Validating certificate extended key usage
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 ++ Certificate has EKU (str) TLS Web Server Authentication, expects TLS Web Server Authentication
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 VERIFY EKU OK
Fri Oct 9 22:04:20 2020 VERIFY OK: depth=0, CN=uk1773.nordvpn.com
Fri Oct 9 22:04:22 2020 Control Channel: TLSv1.2, cipher TLSv1/SSLv3 ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384, 4096 bit RSA
Fri Oct 9 22:04:22 2020 [uk1773.nordvpn.com] Peer Connection Initiated with [AF_INET]5.226.139.160:443
Fri Oct 9 22:04:23 2020 SENT CONTROL [uk1773.nordvpn.com]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)
Fri Oct 9 22:04:23 2020 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
Fri Oct 9 22:04:23 2020 SIGUSR1[soft,auth-failure] received, process restarting
Fri Oct 9 22:04:23 2020 Restart pause, 10 second(s)

Now that looks like its failing on the user and password. I can log into Nord using the credentials I have keyed into the password.conf file, has anyone seen this ?

Im a tad confused ...

Any help would be very much appreciated

Not sure if this helps u mate. Have a look at my thread below. I use vpn manager with nord. Only downside is that it is very bandwidth hungry. I’m on 65 to 70 mb down and 18 mb up when the vpn is off. Turn it on and it drops to 12 mb down and 6 mb up. But have a look anyway matey.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63120-openvpn
 
Not sure if this helps u mate. Have a look at my thread below. I use vpn manager with nord. Only downside is that it is very bandwidth hungry. I’m on 65 to 70 mb down and 18 mb up when the vpn is off. Turn it on and it drops to 12 mb down and 6 mb up. But have a look anyway matey.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63120-openvpn

I live in a village in North Durham so my BB down is at best 10meg so not going to work for me... Mind half the houses dont have Gas :p
 
I get this error when I run openvpn

Sun Oct 11 17:32:53 2020 Data Channel: using negotiated cipher 'AES-256-GCM'
Sun Oct 11 17:32:53 2020 Outgoing Data Channel: Cipher 'AES-256-GCM' initialized with 256 bit key
Sun Oct 11 17:32:53 2020 Incoming Data Channel: Cipher 'AES-256-GCM' initialized with 256 bit key
Sun Oct 11 17:32:53 2020 ROUTE_GATEWAY 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0 IFACE=eth0 HWADDR=00:09:34:2b:c0:44
Sun Oct 11 17:32:53 2020 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such device (errno=19)
Sun Oct 11 17:32:53 2020 Exiting due to fatal error
 
No secret
For those struggling to set up openvpn on their VU+ box, this guide may be useful.
1. Go to the client support pages of NordVPN site and download the OpenVPN Configuration Files (Default)
2. From the zip file we need any ovpn file
3. Edit the name of the ovpn file to client.conf.
4. Open the client.conf and modify the line "auth-user-pass" so it reads "auth-user-pass password.conf" (without the quotes)
5. Create a password.conf file
6. Add the info to the password.conf file so the username and password are on separate lines.
7. Place all 2 files (client.conf, password.conf) into the openvpn folder on your box (etc/openvpn)
8. Reboot your vu+
9. Start the service from the settings - network - openvpn
10. ssh to your vu+ and check the ip with this command wget -qO- http://ipecho.net/plain;echo
This should do the trick.

read #2 we thought we were the only 2, I was gutted i had gone with Nord (im happy now) because everyone was with vanish or pia vpn
that wouldnt post a .conf file.
i spent about 40hrs on this between STELLA'S over the last couple of days and wasn't 100% it was there the above guide wasn't mine to post.

LOL forgive my punctuation been having a stella celebrating

Hello.
I tried the above with IpVanish & VIX 5.4.001 on my Octagon SF8008 but couldn't get it to work.
When I press Green in OpenVpn I get a vix logo turns once or twice in top left of screen but current status is still stopped.
RED (Remove service, Yellow (Autostart) & Blue (Show log) buttons all work ?
Also what is the reason for No10 above ?
Thanks.
Regards.
No1.webp
No2.webp
 
No. 10 is just a test to show your external ip. If the vpn service is working then it will be different to that assigned by your isp
 
No. 10 is just a test to show your external ip. If the vpn service is working then it will be different to that assigned by your isp

I ran Ipchecker on my receiver & it gave me the same Ip address as when I ran no10 above using Putty.
 
Hello.
I tried the above with IpVanish & VIX 5.4.001 on my Octagon SF8008 but couldn't get it to work.
When I press Green in OpenVpn I get a vix logo turns once or twice in top left of screen but current status is still stopped.
RED (Remove service, Yellow (Autostart) & Blue (Show log) buttons all work ?
Also what is the reason for No10 above ?
Thanks.
Regards.
View attachment 60943
View attachment 60944
With ipvanish you need to add the security certificate file as this is referenced in the server file rather than being included. It’s called something like ca.ipvanish.crt
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top