T
Tomthumb
Guest
After Sending my Technomate NanoOE box back for repair, and the motherboard having to have been changed. I spoke today with someone dealing with this for me, who made some quite interesting statements that i feel i must question and ask for further information on.
I had been using openvix 3.0.793
I believe that as my last log was showing bad blocks my box was suffering from a bad nand chip,
Jan 1 01:00:58 tmnano user.debug kernel: Bad block table Bbt0 found at page 0001ffc0, version 0x01 for chip on CS0
Jan 1 01:00:58 tmnano user.debug kernel: Bad block table 1tbB found at page 0001ff80, version 0x01 for chip on CS0
Jan 1 01:00:58 tmnano user.debug kernel: nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x0ef40000
Jan 1 01:00:58 tmnano user.debug kernel: nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x0ef60000
I was more than alarmed, when today i was informed that as i wasn't using the officially supported 4d image, I had been using an unofficially supported image openvix 3.0.796 and that it has been known that incorrect flashing of this had been known to CAUSE bad blocks.
This raises two rather serious questions.
1. Is VIX really safe to flash to flash to my nano box. With this being an "unofficial image" it was implied i had done something wrong by using this?? I was under the assumption that as technomate are part of the oe alliance it was perfectly ok to use vix images???
2. why/how would bad blocks possibly be being created, purely by flashing an image correctly.(and it completing fully with no issues) as an image is only software that resides on the Nand and a bad block is marked in the bad block table, (which i believe is normally mirrored) surely the only way is if the bad block is being erased and thereby losing the bad block information from factory. surely that would be a BOOTLOADER/image issue and certainly not my fault?
Curious to here thoughts on this please??
Thx
I had been using openvix 3.0.793
I believe that as my last log was showing bad blocks my box was suffering from a bad nand chip,
Jan 1 01:00:58 tmnano user.debug kernel: Bad block table Bbt0 found at page 0001ffc0, version 0x01 for chip on CS0
Jan 1 01:00:58 tmnano user.debug kernel: Bad block table 1tbB found at page 0001ff80, version 0x01 for chip on CS0
Jan 1 01:00:58 tmnano user.debug kernel: nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x0ef40000
Jan 1 01:00:58 tmnano user.debug kernel: nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x0ef60000
I was more than alarmed, when today i was informed that as i wasn't using the officially supported 4d image, I had been using an unofficially supported image openvix 3.0.796 and that it has been known that incorrect flashing of this had been known to CAUSE bad blocks.
This raises two rather serious questions.
1. Is VIX really safe to flash to flash to my nano box. With this being an "unofficial image" it was implied i had done something wrong by using this?? I was under the assumption that as technomate are part of the oe alliance it was perfectly ok to use vix images???
2. why/how would bad blocks possibly be being created, purely by flashing an image correctly.(and it completing fully with no issues) as an image is only software that resides on the Nand and a bad block is marked in the bad block table, (which i believe is normally mirrored) surely the only way is if the bad block is being erased and thereby losing the bad block information from factory. surely that would be a BOOTLOADER/image issue and certainly not my fault?
Curious to here thoughts on this please??
Thx