Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Vu+ crashes

  • Thread starter Thread starter psitech
  • Start date Start date
After flashing and seeing the "remove usb and reboot" message I powered up and it got as far as the splash screen only. Occasionally I have seen the "Loading" message on the monitor screen. I always get the spinning VIX icon which changes from large to small.

The updating would never had completed because a change of network systems meant it would not have got anything. I downloaded the VU+Duo files from the forum these were:
duo_cfe_3_0_usb.zip
openvix-3.0.339-vuduo_usb.zip
openvix-3.0.685-vuduo_usb.zip

The older files were ones from the archive which were those I had used previously, eg the vu+ Official image and the last used image ViX-2.3.204-vuduo_usb.zip

I get the same error for all images so I suspect the problem is something other than the image load, it might have been the boot-loader but I re-flashed that with the one recommended in this thread.

Many thanks to all who are assisting, however nothing has changed the original problem yet.
 
I'm starting to think fried box...

Looking at your messages log, it's having errors with paging:

Code:
Jul  9 09:30:09 vuduo daemon.notice ntpdate[311]: step time server 143.210.16.201 offset 1373358573.623364 sec
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.alert kernel: CPU 0 Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00000028, epc == c06cdd4c, ra == c06ce404
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Oops[#1]:
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Cpu 0
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: $ 0   : 00000000 30008700 c06cdd4c 00000000
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: $ 4   : 00000000 30008701 000000b8 00000000
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: $ 8   : 00000018 8029e1b8 00000000 00000000
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: $12   : 00b5cd20 00b5cd40 00b5cd80 7f9af820
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: $16   : 00000002 00000002 88dede18 c06ce3dc
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: $20   : c06ce418 c06ce470 749af188 00000000
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: $24   : 00000000 c06f7310                  
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: $28   : 88dec000 88dedde8 00000000 c06ce404
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Hi    : 00000000
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Lo    : 00000198
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: epc   : c06cdd4c NEXUS_Gpio_Close_impl+0x0/0x88 [dvb_bcm7335]
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel:     Tainted: P         C 
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: ra    : c06ce404 NEXUS_Gpio_Close+0x28/0x3c [dvb_bcm7335]
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Status: 30008703    KERNEL EXL IE 
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Cause : 00800008
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: BadVA : 00000028
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: PrId  : 0002a044 (Brcm4380)
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Modules linked in: zd1211rw rtl8187 rt73usb rt2800usb rt2800lib rt2500usb rt2x00usb rt2x00lib r8712u(C) 8192cu ipv6 carl9170 ath9k_htc mac80211 ath9k_common ath9k_hw ath brcmfb dvb_bcm7335(P) procmk
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Process enigma2 (pid: 356, threadinfo=88dec000, task=887635f0, tls=7701e490)
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Stack : 0000000d 88dede24 00000000 00000022 00000000 88dede18 00000002 c06b308c
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel:         00000001 00000029 2550127b c06b2890 00000002 00000001 00000000 00000000
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel:         00000000 00000000 00000003 c0ab5cbc 00618580 88dedf10 00000002 75fc5260
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel:         749af188 c06b0458 00000100 80041a48 80640000 806c0000 880f9c80 884d4140
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel:         00618580 8011a698 195c0109 0000000b 88d49010 88c1dc60 00618580 00000003
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel:         ...
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Call Trace:
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<c06cdd4c>] NEXUS_Gpio_Close_impl+0x0/0x88 [dvb_bcm7335]
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<c06ce404>] NEXUS_Gpio_Close+0x28/0x3c [dvb_bcm7335]
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<c06b308c>] max9597_enable_output+0x100/0x1fc [dvb_bcm7335]
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<c06b0458>] proc_write_color_format+0x10c/0x1a8 [dvb_bcm7335]
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<8011a698>] proc_file_write+0x78/0xd0
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<80113a94>] proc_reg_write+0x7c/0xc4
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<800bd574>] vfs_write+0xa4/0x184
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<800bd8b0>] sys_write+0x4c/0x90
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: [<8000e41c>] stack_done+0x20/0x40
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: Code: 8fb00010  03e00008  27bd0020 <8c850028> 27bdffe8  afb00010  afbf0014  10a00007  00808021 
Jul  9 09:30:15 vuduo user.warn kernel: ---[ end trace 0eef77a2a026247d ]---

Whereas my ultimo has no problem with this (although could just be a red-herring)...

But, I would say memory problems/cpu problem...

Looking around, a few people said they had problems with kernel paging requests, and cleaning out the system resolved it. So, if you have some compressed air, might be worth opening the box, and blowing the box out...
 
I fear you may be correct, that there is a fault with the box. No compressed air but opened the box and it all looks very clean inside. No sign of conventional memory chips so I guess the memory is on the CPU chip or soldered on the board.

Anyone know of a memory test facility for the VU+ ? I could not see anything obvious in the *bin directories. Possibly a loadable via USB option maybe?

Is there a repair or upgrade option available?
 
I have finally found the cause of this problem. The box starts up OK if the HDMI cable is not attached!

It was working in the same setup before this happened, but now always crashes if the cable is connected at initial boot. I am using a computer monitor which works fine when connected to a computer via HDMI using the same cable.

I start it up and watch the progress using telnet and tail the /var/log/messages file. When it get to a stable point I connect the HDMI cable and it continues to work without problems. I now have to remember to remove the cable before restarting!

Hope this may help in case anyone else has a similar issue.
 
Could it be HDMI CEC setting linked to the tv? Strange that it works to PC and not TV.


Tapatālker
 
Help please
I have openvix installed on solo2 but the box load's up (booting to 99 then I get the following error message 'service unavaiable check tuner configuration then it restarts itself

any help/advice?
I have tried to flash it but it won't read the USB pens (have tried ports at front and back and even both together but nothing still
 
That message sounds like the tuner is not setup correctly but that should not cause the receiver to reboot.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 
now working again after a successful flash with 026
thanks for help/advice though
 
now working again after a successful flash with 026
thanks for help/advice though
Thanks for keeping us updated and I am happy you have resolved your issue.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top