Guys, I'm saying this one last time, ignore the temps, they are false!
Buy one of these and see for yourselves
Code:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=infrared+digital+thermometer&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=x0oFVNDFNZLCaJ2vgfgH
Hi Boss. I've reworded this 10 times already, it still comes across a bit confrontational and I honestly don't mean it to, but I cant seem, to make it sound better, so I apologise in advance.
I feel a little frustrated.
All I'm doing is trying to get to the bottom of whats up with my box and help you guys and Stef in diagnosing the problem, and I sort of feel like I'm getting told to stop going on about temps as I'm speaking crap (by both you and Stef)
I have said in other posts and emails to Stef that I don't dispute the temp readings are incorrect.
I believe you totally, case is only slightly warm to touch.
But for some reason when my box thinks it's at 100, it's rebooting.
I can keep looking at the info, over 3 odd mins it will vary between 94 and 93, then another 3 odd mins 95 and 94, then another 3 odd mins 96, 95, then 97,96, then 98,97, then 99,98 then within the next 3 mins without fail it reboots.
And I can repeat this time and time again.
So for some reason the false reporting on my box causes it to mistakenly think it's overheating and shutdown.
I sort of feel like your both seeing me say the word temperature and not reading any further.
If it wasn't securely boxed up awaiting collection, I would record a video showing exactly what I mean.
It was unplugged when Stef asked me to try image 23 yesterday
I flashed the box, it booted up, and I set 3 things recording and also watched one at the same time. For about 40 odd mins the box was 100% fine and I checked the temps regularly using info/about and it was gradually creeping up. Again I am not disputing this reported temp is wrong.
I checked every few mins and it eventually crept to 90C (again I agree it's not really 90C)
I checked more regularly and did screen grabs as I did so
I checked a min later and it was 99C, I walked to my PC to do another screen grab but I was too late, the box rebooted.
When it rebooted it showed 96C and the recordings automatically restarted. Within 5 mins it reached 99C and it rebooted, and it kept doing this, I managed to do a screen grab just before it rebooted
And when Richard reported a rebooting problem I asked him to try and see if the same thing happened, and it did, a min ir so after reporting 99C it reboots.
And this is repeatable over and over and over again.
I had the lid screws removed while messing about trying things over the weekend. It reports 99C with the lid on, then reboots. I remove the lid without turning off while it reboots, and the reported temp drops by a bit (cant remember how much offhand) and while it still slowly crept up to 99, again until it did, it didn't reboot.
So I am not disputing for one second that the reported temperature is incorrect, but I do dispute my problem is nothing to do with the temperature, because it seems from these easily repeatable tests that when the box thinks it's 100C (regardless of the fact it isn't), that is what is causing it to reboot.
All I'm trying to do is help you guys and Stef.