Joe_90
Moderator
Updated bootloader for the Quad (not Plus) to fix or alleviate the re-boot issues. The Quad Plus playback issues were resolved (hopefully!) with some memory management changes in the configuration but this is a separate issue.

If I am running OM 4.1, do I flash the bootloader first and then flash the latest Apollo image?Bootloader is only for Gigablue Quad (without plus!). Password: gbquadonly <<<<<<<<<< ------- perhaps this![]()

yes .


Why is there a Openvix-Apollo......... and a OpenvixHD-Apollo.......... ?
I spoke too soon - the Ulster match on replay was pretty much unwatchable due to stuttering and breakup of signal.
the bootloader on openvix doesnt have same date as the one mentioned in the quote. The one I see is dated september 2014Seems that the combination of the new driver (24-10-02) and new bootloader (241008) is working fine - flashed Vix Apollo 59 this morning and all is working fine. Playback (Munster/Sale - what a game!) while recording the Ulster game - no stuttering at all.
You're using a Quad, not a Quad Plus, right? I have had issues with the Plus, but not seen playback issues reported for the Quad (apart from the dreaded re-boots which the bootloader was supposed to cure).
the bootloader on openvix doesnt have same date as the one mentioned in the quote. The one I see is dated september 2014
http://image.openmips.com/4.2/loader/gigablue_bootloader_gbquad_20141008.zip
nice one mate thanksApologies - I thought that Stef had moved the bootloader into the downloads section. Here's a link to the copy on the OpenMIPS site. The password is gbquadonlyCode:http://image.openmips.com/4.2/loader/gigablue_bootloader_gbquad_20141008.zip
I initially had playback problems which was the initial reason for this thread.
Which is why I was running ViX 23 up until Stef asked me to try the latest bootloader and latest ViX Friday before last.
I watched last Saturdays (as in two Saturdays ago, not yesterdays) Dr Who last night which was recorded after I put the new bootloader on and upgraded to ViX 047
This was watch-able but did have noticeable pixelation in 4 or 5 places.
What was different here is that it was recorded like that. I can rewind and reproduce the pixleation at exactly the same bits over and over again.
When I initially started this thread, I would have it pixelate on playback, but if I rewound 30 secs it would play the bit 100% fine.
That would be symptomatic of a reception problem. Heavy rain or similar.