Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

NOVA WIN-T on ViX 2.0

All,

I've been using the Nova-T for the last 3 weeks now and have to say (for me anyway) its a pile of Sh...

I've had so many problems I dont know where to start.

DTT Recordings stopping for no reason half way through.
DTT channels going black.
DTT channels with only sound.
All DTT Channels gone.
Bad pixelling on recordings but fine while watching the same program.
Changing to a DTT channel shows nothing only a freeze frame from the last channel. (see attachment - On RTE2 but freeze frame of RTE1).


All of the above require a reboot to sort.

If I just watch TV on the Nova-T its perfect so I dont think its a reception problem. Its mostly around recording.

I've tried PLI 2.0 and Vix 2.0 incl with updates and its all the same.

The tuner supplier has sent me a second one so I should have in a few days.
If that fails then I will look at the sundtek option. Dear is better than not working.

What amazes me is that everyone else finds the nova-t works 100% .. . . .Go Figure.

Ahhhhhhhhh !!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Anyone want to but 2 Nova-t Tuners working perfectly......Ha Ha
 

Attachments

  • rte2.webp
    rte2.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 11
My Nova-T has been working fine since beta testing started on VIX 2.0 over Christmas :)
 
Would it be something to do with MPEG4 DTT here rather than the MPEG2 in UK.
Maybe the receiver is doing more work decoding the MPEG4 than the MPEG2 Freeview.

?????
 
You are better of asking irishchris hes are DTT expert for Ireland :thumbsup:
 
Thanks basset :)

Have had suntek for few months now with vix images and have never had a prob with recordings. For example today the missus has greys anatomy on rte 2 dtt, I have a recording on rte 1 at same time and record blue bloods on sat at same time and have no issues or freezing doing that. only recently got a nova t for testing on other vu+ and ot works a treat for me but have not really used it for recording mostly just viewing. Pixellating sounds like a reception issue? Also how is your box memory holding up when having these problems? Have you a swap file enabled?
 
Thanks Chris for the response.

The pixeling never happens when I just watch TV on the VU DTT usb dongle.
Its only when Im either recording DTT as well or it ends up on the recordings if either another DTT channel or SAT channel is being recorded.
It seems to be a multi tasking issue. If its left to 1 task it seems ok or should I say just better. Ultimately there is a chance of no recording / half recording or pixeling (not due to reception) more due to performance.
I switched some DTT recordings back to SAT and they went fine.
Swap is enabled (50mb on USB) but not sure on the memory thats unused.
As a test really push the nova-t with recordings similar to what you mentioned on the sundtek.

I remember the site sponsor (or someone) saying that they would try source the sundtek usb tuners. Anyone know if htis happened.
 
I will test out the nova t tuner later and work it with few simultaneous dtt/sat recordings and check for issues but I know the rest of the dev team have it and tested it extensively without these issues during beta but will try it on the irish channels when I get home.
Also not sure of anywhere selling the sundtek tuners other than the manufacturer's site and even they seem to have limited supplies at minute
 
Hey guys,

I had pretty much the same issues dfdream is having with my Sundtek stick and they were more pronounced on VIX 2.0.
I have the stick since VIX 1.3. On that image I was getting some slight pixelisation but nothing else. I originally thought it was my antenna (cheap piece of KAKA).
When I installed VIX 2.0, straight away I started to have issues.
-Copied my bouquets and no dvb-t channels working at all, had to do a rescan and restart the box.
-Pixelisation still happening.
-Then a couple days later lost the picture on RTE1 (audio only), rebooted, still same, did a scan, fixed it. And it continued to happen.
-No issue with recordings for me.

I backed up my image and slapped on BH 1.4.5 to see if it made any difference. It's early to say but I have no pixelization at all so far. I will report back in a week with any comments. Sniff sniff I miss my VIX image. :(

Hope this helps
 
@ Irishchris, what sort of antenna do you have? Also dfdream and Palinkat, what sort of Aerial do you guys have?

I'g to one about 4 foot long on top of my roof outside.
 
Don't think it's the cause of the problem here, at least not for me. DVB-T was working fine in 1.3. It's only in 2.0 that I started to loose the picture. I have a 3 foot antenna that gives me 60-80% signal quality.
 
Don't think it's the cause of the problem here, at least not for me. DVB-T was working fine in 1.3. It's only in 2.0 that I started to loose the picture. I have a 3 foot antenna that gives me 60-80% signal quality.

Do you have anything thing else that receives DVB-T, TV, set top box or anything? Just to check if you get pixelating.
 
About a 40 element (3-4ft long).

I dont think its reception as watching TV on the Duo and Nova-t Channel all the time with zero issue. Its mostly around recording or if recordings are going on.

I rememeber seeing a comment from Chris where he mentioned that even though the nova-t was MPEG2 that the Duo did some of the decoding to produce the picture maybe mpeg2 signal is less work on the box ?

I think in Italy they use the same mpeg4 as in Ireland. Wonder if they are having any issues.

Question - If the signal did get weak intermittently wouldnt the black picture return to normal TV once the signal got upto strength again or how would a reboot solve it if the singal was weak.

Is there a DVB-T log file that can be checked? Would the Debug option in Vix menu help in any way.

Finally if a recording looses its signal in DTT or SAT will the recording stop or record blank screen.
 
Last edited:
I have same problem of pixelating while recording like dfdream. When I record BBC1 HD, ITV1 HD & RTE 2 hd at same time the playback of recording on RTE2 hd has intermittent pixelation. Also while recording I switched to BBCHD and when I went back to DTT channels screen was blank. I had to restart box after I stopped recordings to to get back picture, picture on BBCHD was fine.
 
Is anybody else having problems when changing to the WinTV Nova-T black screen with sound and a slow turning VIX? Only fix is to restart the box. Happened to me 3 time Saturday evening. My signal is 75% also in Ireland.
 
@ Irishchris, what sort of antenna do you have? Also dfdream and Palinkat, what sort of Aerial do you guys have?

I'g to one about 4 foot long on top of my roof outside.

hi mate sorry for late reply but late home and spent last while testing the probs reported here. my aerial is high gain 5 ft 52 element antenna in my attic.

extensively tested them tonight with sundtek and have no issues whatsoever have tried having 3 hd recordings at once {rte2hd dtt + bbc one hd + rte 2 sat} left running for an hour an no issue of pixelation or problem of any sort. watched back the recordings { AGAIN :) } and no glitching or probs of any sort. going to try now for next hour with nova t tuner and will report back later tonight.

screenshots
 

Attachments

  • screenshot (1)rte.webp
    screenshot (1)rte.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 20
  • screenshot 2 timer.webp
    screenshot 2 timer.webp
    51.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
and when do we get that skin

lol i keep asking myself that question as seems to be taking ages. 80% there so hopefully soon mate.

also tested nova t tonight and had no pixellation or problems with this but will take sundtek out of the duo and replace with my nova t over next week to test it more extensively with the irish mpeg 4 dvb-t channels but for me so far so good.
 
i got 2 nova-t and not only can iinstall them with out a glitch they run like they sat tuners internally build no probs what so ever

@chris want any help on it mate
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top