Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

NOVA WIN-T on ViX 2.0

Silverfox or any Nova-t owners (especially UK).

Can ye perform tests similar to those outlined by Chris.
DVB-t and 2 hd Sat recordings at the sametime.
Or even playback of a recording a the same time.
I know that seems alot but the box manages this lot no problem when exclusively using SAT Channels.

BTW - Chris were you testing in Duo or Solo.
 
Last edited:
I was testing in the duo last night. If testing in uk can they record 2 hd sat and one hd dtt channels. As hd uk channels are in mpeg 4 (same as all of irelands channels) whereas uk sd is mpeg 2
 
Im baffled as to why multiple recordings on nova-t was flawless on your tests.
IF you still have the recordings can you check them again, when I skipped forward through the recordings I didnt find any issues the first time as the pixelling would only be 1-2 seconds it would be hard to land on one with skip and they can be anywhere through the recording.

Silverfox would enabling debug be any help.
 
If testing in uk can they record 2 hd sat and one hd dtt channels. As hd uk channels are in mpeg 4
I don't think that is possible. In the UK all HD channels are DVB-T2 (as far as I know) so not possible on a Nova-T.

I've just bought a Nova-T off eBay and it should be here soon. There are Mpeg4 channels here on DVB-T so I can join in the testing.
 
Last edited:
i got 2 nova-t and not only can iinstall them with out a glitch they run like they sat tuners internally build no probs what so ever

@chris want any help on it mate

I suppose 2 x nova-t is not equivalent to 1 x nova-td? I would like to use two dtt or a dual dtt on my duo. So I'm reading posts with interest before I buy.

@Silverfox,
Can you say anything more about your success?
 
i have problem that after ordinary standby, i only get black picture on all MPEG4 DVB-T channels. Reboot solves this problem. This happens very rarely though. Strange.
 
Last edited:
strange as i just looked through the one hour {full one hour recording of greys anatomy on dvbt yawn!!} and had no freeze or pixellation and believe me it was hard to watch an hour of that muck but i did intently to see and could not spot one flaw in pic. will test again tonight and record champ league on dvbt and itv hd and bbc hd and see if i can replicate this problem.
 
Question.

Anyone any idea what the recording improvements mentioned below for the official VU Duo release are

20110208
- Support accelerated graphic fill
- Enhance PIP stability(duo)
- Support dvb api ver. 5 at vtuner driver(DVB-S2 support)
- Recording improvement

Its just that there were 89 packages in the original release of the vix 2.03 and only 30 something in the followup release after the recording playback bug.
Maybe there was something left out that might help the recording on DVB-T and also as there was an update to dvb api ver. 5

Chris did you have the recording issue or should I was get the 89 package update or the 30 something package update.

Just crasping at straws..

D
 
I suppose 2 x nova-t is not equivalent to 1 x nova-td? I would like to use two dtt or a dual dtt on my duo. So I'm reading posts with interest before I buy.

@Silverfox,
Can you say anything more about your success?

when i say i got 2 i men i have 2 and one istalled in duo one in solo and they both work flawlessly i can even prob from a point of flashing the box to setting up and playing a channel do u a utube film and still not excede the 10min limit no lie

but on a testing and using point i have not once since the initial beta tests had to tell andy i had a problem using nova-t on my box

yes at the start getting the drivers to work for me was a nightmare as i needed extra drivers which have now been added to required files so i have no issues

i record and watch all the time but i will do a specific test f=of 2 sat and watch and record one dtt and gove a report
 
Thanks for the help on testing the Nova-t.
At this stage I've given up on it.
I dont know whether its the formats that are used in Ireland (MPEG4 HD) or what is pushing the card or the drivers beyond the tipping point.
Ive had 3 weeks at this now and thats enough.
Will try the sundtek (seems better and support from them seems good) when its back in stock.
I know some are saying that in single recording its fine but most of my recordings are on DTT channels to keep the sat tuners free and regularly would use all 3 tuners (why is everything new on at 9.00pm) .

Last night had 2 recordings (at different times) and no playback during recording and they both recorded fine.
It seems to be that its when the pressure comes on the issues happen. Not blaming the box or VIX for a second as Ive recorded 5-6 HD channels at the same time no problem.
 
How did this go for you ?

strange as i just looked through the one hour {full one hour recording of greys anatomy on dvbt yawn!!} and had no freeze or pixellation and believe me it was hard to watch an hour of that muck but i did intently to see and could not spot one flaw in pic. will test again tonight and record champ league on dvbt and itv hd and bbc hd and see if i can replicate this problem.
 
I'm using the latest blackhole and don't have any issues with dvb-t ,why not try it and see if the problems are still there ,i'm not sure if vix are using the latest drivers or not.
The picture quality on dvb-t on vix wasn't as good one of the reasons i went back to black.
 
I did that the other evening.
I installed usb tuner and driver in BH and it worked.
But before I even had a chance to do a recording all DVB-t Channels went black.
So asap switched back to my Vix backup.
I think my issue is either my Nova-T or all Nova-ts with mpeg4. (DTT in Irl)
 
I'm a few steps behind you guys, just trying to get the Irish DTT channels working well on my Vu+Duo, with my Nova T. This thread has helped - I was having similar problems to the first poster.
I'm using the silverfox bouquet - but the question I have is "Are the DTT channels in the bouquet, or do I add them in somewhere?"

I can find them in the Terrestial Services section under Satellites, but can't find them in the bouquet. Can ye point me towards a thread with instructions please?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top