Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Occasional startup issue

Yes, done everything you have mentioned. I had this problem with earlier versions of VIX and always do fresh installs/setup on the major updates. It would be interesting if users of other images (blackhole etc) also experience this issue.

I've had this issue intermittently with the Duo for as long as I can remember (bought in March 2010). I'm pretty sure it is nothing to do with the image and is more than likely to do with the electronics of the box itself. I've generally found that powering off and leaving for about 30 seconds or so means it is less likely to happen (giving time for capacitors etc. to discharge).

That being said, I've moved to Black Hole (actually BlackPole - PLI based BlackHole) recently so if I don't see the problem again I'll report back...
 
Those DUO problems are kernel 3.1 related; all images show these problems.

I hope you're not talking about the "Starting..." error message rob?! This has been evident since the old 2.6x kernels. Had this problem virtually ever since I owned the duo!

As guffdaddy says, only way to resolve, is to power down for about a minute, and then restart. Interesting though, it still used to work fine using webif, as if the front panel of the box was the cause. So, to me, I'd say it's a hardware issue...

Also, the issue was apparent with all images. When first got the box, used black hole, VTi, ViX, PLi etc, all showed the same symptoms!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top