Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ocram picons

  • Thread starter Thread starter deleted
  • Start date Start date
hi can i just ask what the difference snp / srp / dirty as I'm unsure what to use on my solo 2
 
hi can i just ask what the difference snp / srp / dirty as I'm unsure what to use on my solo 2

As far as I know:

• SRP = Service Reference Picon
• SNP = Service Name Picon

Difference is Picon file name: Service vs Channel name.

I guess dirty means not based on any Channel List/Bouquet, so with all sat channels, but not sure about that.

I use SRP in my enigma2 box with all skins.

Hope this helps.
 
Last edited:
SRP = The traditional picons where picons mus be named according to the service reference
SNP = The picon is named like the chanenl name with a few rules. all lowe case, no spcaes, and odd replacements. The SNP packs will still contain a few SRP links to avod clashes.

Traditionally, the way Ocram's picons were made were that you have a lamedb/bouquet. Only the picons for the channels contained in that lamedb would be created. That works fine for people making their own picons. Bit does not work too well for distribution. Someone in Holland will not have a lamedb file for terrestrial channels in England.

He was kind enough to adapt the build process so that all picons will be made. This was called "dirty" presumably becasue there is no filtering/validation before making the picons.
 
hi can i just ask what the difference snp / srp / dirty as I'm unsure what to use on my solo 2

Yep, all of the above explanations are correct.

Normal build process is to build against a enigma2/vdr/tvheadend channel list. In case of enigma2 only channels are used that are in your bouquet, so if lamedb contains 10000 channels, but your bouquet only contains 20 channels that you love watching, only picons for those 20 channels will be created.

Step 1 creates a servicelist file from your enigma2/vdr/tvheadend channellist, Step 2 creates the actual picons from the servicelist file. As a result you could even manipulate the servicelist file manually or with your own scripts to create all sorts of custom builds.

A "dirty" build, completely skips Step 1 and the use of a servicelist file. It uses all the available info, so as a result this will contain also no longer existing servicerefs and the servicerefs will only be created with 1_0_1_ and 1_0_2_, with a regular build the correct first part is used as found in your channellist.

By default I'm using the channellist from icesat, because I used to use it myself and it's incredibily up2date, but it only contains the sats 13E-19.2E-23.5E-28.2E.

BUT, if somebody has an enourmous of amount of sats and does regular scans and is willing to upload this on a regular basis somewhere (github, ....), so it can be grabbed by the server, I can always switch.
 
Thanks for both explanations.

I use vhannibal motor bouquets, with about 45 satellites, and all the sources and forums I found after a deep research were not successfull regarding updated picons for all sats.

In the past I used nephilim picons, but as far as I know they are not so regularly updated.

So if you know the way to keep updated picons for motor bouquet settings, instructions will be very appreciated.

Thanks and sorry if I miss something obvious.

Best regards.
 
After the downloads, now also the feed is back.

You can install the feed by installing the following ipk:
Code:
https://picons.xyz/downloads/enigma2-plugin-feeds-picons.xyz_2015-08-31--19-55-30_all.ipk
 
OK, ipk great ...... but can someone explain to me why I cannot install onto my USB stick where I currently have my (Ocram) picons.....I have tried changing USB mount from sdb1 to usb and hdd2, but feeds installer only allows my HDD and flash .... obviously missing something :)
 
Firstly thanks @Ocram for all of the brilliant work - you must spend countless hours keeping the "picon show" on the road. I ahve three questions if you have time?

1. So will the script bundled with the ipk ONLY create a picon folder with the contents of lame.db?

2. I did run the .ipk from github resource last weekend, and it did not prompt for picon location, just installed picons to flash even though I have an internal HDD?

3. If answer is "no" to 1. above, does somebody have a script that thins out the SNP picons to just those in lame.db. Previously I followed a post by @abu baniaz that created three .zip files from SRP picons. The first was the SNP's in lame.db, then second .zip was unused or those not in lame.db, and I think the third .zip may have been missing picons - I am not sure? Reason for my question is just to reduce the number of picons in my SNP picon folder to those that I need.

Thanks!
 
OK, ipk great ...... but can someone explain to me why I cannot install onto my USB stick where I currently have my (Ocram) picons.....I have tried changing USB mount from sdb1 to usb and hdd2, but feeds installer only allows my HDD and flash .... obviously missing something :)

OK, found my answer .... must be in EXT 3/4 format ... will change. :)
 
Firstly thanks @Ocram for all of the brilliant work - you must spend countless hours keeping the "picon show" on the road. I ahve three questions if you have time?

1. So will the script bundled with the ipk ONLY create a picon folder with the contents of lame.db?

2. I did run the .ipk from github resource last weekend, and it did not prompt for picon location, just installed picons to flash even though I have an internal HDD?

3. If answer is "no" to 1. above, does somebody have a script that thins out the SNP picons to just those in lame.db. Previously I followed a post by @abu baniaz that created three .zip files from SRP picons. The first was the SNP's in lame.db, then second .zip was unused or those not in lame.db, and I think the third .zip may have been missing picons - I am not sure? Reason for my question is just to reduce the number of picons in my SNP picon folder to those that I need.

Thanks!

Bit confused by what you mean exactly, but here goes.....


1) The ipk does not come bundled with a script, the ipk just installs a file in /etc/opkg alongside your other feeds, so you can install the picons using your remote. Menu > Applications > Green button. The picons you can download using the feed are the same as on
Code:
https://picons.xyz/downloads/
, snp/srp built against the channellist from
Code:
https://github.com/icesat/Enigma2-settings-13.0E-19.2E-23.5E-28.2E
, containing picons for 13e-19e-23e-28e, dirtysnp/dirtysrp contains all the available picons (even no longer existing ones).

2) If you install the picons from an ipk, it should prompt for flash/hdd/usb, IF they are formated as ext3/4, at least on my setup it prompts for flash or HDD.

3) Since you are asking for a script... If you have a Ubuntu PC/Cygwin on Windows/or Docker, you can just download the project
Code:
https://github.com/picons/picons-source/archive/master.zip
, put your channellist inside build-input, run the script 1-build-servicelist.sh and afterwards 2-build-picons.sh, after the scripts are done, you'll get ipk and tar.xz containing ONLY the picons for the channels in YOUR channellist. If you have 1 channel in your bouquet, you'll get 1 picon.


PS: forget about lamedb, if you build them yourself it's based on your bouquet, a lamedb containing 10 000 channels with only 20 of them in your bouquet, gives you 20 picons.
 
Last edited:
OK, found my answer .... must be in EXT 3/4 format ... will change. :)

Correct, everything you put in your receiver should be ext3/4, besides the stick you use to flash a new image, which you take back out when it's done.
 
Correct, everything you put in your receiver should be ext3/4, besides the stick you use to flash a new image, which you take back out when it's done.
I don't. I always use a 2-partition stick, that is 'glued' to the box (never need to disconnect it from the box).
Part 1 is FAT32, contains a.o. a flash-able image, logs, EPG.
Part 2 is in EXT4, and (mostly for test purposes) used for SWAP, sometimes picons (most of the time in flash).
 
I don't. I always use a 2-partition stick, that is 'glued' to the box (never need to disconnect it from the box).
Part 1 is FAT32, contains a.o. a flash-able image, logs, EPG.
Part 2 is in EXT4, and (mostly for test purposes) used for SWAP, sometimes picons (most of the time in flash).
Neat. Normally you would only flash an image with only 1 usb stick inserted, so this overcomes this possible issue? It was actually one of your old posts that told me to use Ext3/4 for the picons:)
 
I don't. I always use a 2-partition stick, that is 'glued' to the box (never need to disconnect it from the box).
Part 1 is FAT32, contains a.o. a flash-able image, logs, EPG.
Part 2 is in EXT4, and (mostly for test purposes) used for SWAP, sometimes picons (most of the time in flash).

OK, if you know what you're doing, that's fine as well, but something tells me I don't have to explain to you why your picons aren't working. :)

Now go explain your setup to somebody who's been trying/fiddling all day long, because his picons aren't working.

To a small baby, most people tell, "take small steps and walk to mummy", (almost) nobody says, "why waste your time walking, here's a bike".
 
Neat. Normally you would only flash an image with only 1 usb stick inserted, so this overcomes this possible issue? It was actually one of your old posts that told me to use Ext3/4 for the picons:)
If you want them on USB; I normally have them in flash, as all boxes have plenty of that onboard.

OK, if you know what you're doing, that's fine as well, but something tells me I don't have to explain to you why your picons aren't working. :)
Not sure what you mean? I have picons in flash most of the time, and sometimes (for testboxes, as that saves me the repeated download/install) on part-2. So really never any picons-issue.
 
2) If you install the picons from an ipk, it should prompt for flash/hdd/usb, IF they are formated as ext3/4, at least on my setup it prompts for flash or HDD.
It doesn't on my setup and my HDD is ext3/4 as it was initialised. It hasn't prompted for a long time tbh.

Was this an image feature or built-in to the ipk to allow choosing because when I browse the ipk, can't see anything and in fact the picons are stored on flash.

I have even ensured I have removed all other picons from plugin and manually removed picon folder.

I would like to thank you for the work you put into providing us with picons. :)
 
Last edited:
It does, when you install from the feeds.
If you install locally, the picons will always go to flash.

Besides: flash is the best location. And you paid for it, so it would be a waste of money and resources not to use it.
 
If you want them on USB; I normally have them in flash, as all boxes have plenty of that onboard.


Not sure what you mean? I have picons in flash most of the time, and sometimes (for testboxes, as that saves me the repeated download/install) on part-2. So really never any picons-issue.

What I actually was trying to say in general....

Always use ext3/4, flash your receiver with a FAT32 stick, this way I won't be getting any questions like "I ftp'ed picons to USB, but it doesn't work", "I'm not getting an option to store on USB", etc.

This however doesn't mean that it's true in all cases and more advanced users like yourself can use/do whatever their preference, but those same users aren't going to be asking questions on why their picons aren't showing up, because if they stored them on FAT32, they know why it isn't working....


But like you sad so yourself, if everybody would just use their box for what it was designed, we wouldn't have these stupid mistakes over and over again.

It's like buying a 512GB SSD and trying to cram everything on a 10$ USB stick, otherwise there isn't 511,95GB of free space left.

Am I making any sense??
 
It doesn't on my setup and my HDD is ext3/4 as it was initialised. It hasn't prompted for a long time tbh.

Was this an image feature or built-in to the ipk to allow choosing because when I browse the ipk, can't see anything and in fact the picons are stored on flash.

I have even ensured I have removed all other picons from plugin and manually removed picon folder.

I would like to thank you for the work you put into providing us with picons. :)

I just double checked again, because was having doubts. Rob is correct.

1) Install local extension (VIX Menu) == Straight to root (/picon)/flash, no question asked on where to install.
2) Install from feed == Where do you want to install? Flash/HDD/USB(if ext3/4)
3) Install from commandline == See 1)
 
What I actually was trying to say in general....

Always use ext3/4, flash your receiver with a FAT32 stick, this way I won't be getting any questions like "I ftp'ed picons to USB, but it doesn't work", "I'm not getting an option to store on USB", etc.

This however doesn't mean that it's true in all cases and more advanced users like yourself can use/do whatever their preference, but those same users aren't going to be asking questions on why their picons aren't showing up, because if they stored them on FAT32, they know why it isn't working....


But like you sad so yourself, if everybody would just use their box for what it was designed, we wouldn't have these stupid mistakes over and over again.

It's like buying a 512GB SSD and trying to cram everything on a 10$ USB stick, otherwise there isn't 511,95GB of free space left.

Am I making any sense??

That does make perfect sense to me.

Novice users often struggle to get picons displaying with even a basic setting.

Having said that, Rob - it would be great to explain how you achieve the scenario you describe.

Thanks for the hard work guys - always appreciate it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top