Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

ocram picons

  • Thread starter Thread starter deleted
  • Start date Start date
Having said that, Rob - it would be great to explain how you achieve the scenario you describe.
The 2-partition stick you mean?
I simply use my PC and a free program like "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" to create partitions.

But to be perfectly honest: I only do that for test-purposes on test-boxes to store picons and to try SWAP. On my main-box I have a simple one-partition stick that's in FAT32. Because my picons go to flash and I don't need a SWAP-file, there is no real need for an EXT4-stick.

And on most boxes one can leave the stick that has been used for flashing connected. I know that there are a few exceptions (boxes that just start to flash as soon as a flashable image is found when booting).
 
Well, it certainly helps me with my ET8500 which has multiboot and 2 image capability (OS1 & OS2)....... as a couch flash always flashes OS1, it means that if I want to try something else and keep OS1, I can FTP to the USB stick and flash OS2 (Hope that all makes sense :) ), without removing the normal Settings Backup/Image backup/Picons stick.

Now back to installing the Picons ..... :)
 
After the downloads, now also the feed is back.

You can install the feed by installing the following ipk:
Code:
https://picons.xyz/downloads/enigma2-plugin-feeds-picons.xyz_2015-08-31--19-55-30_all.ipk

The new feeds for Ocram's picons have been added to Openvix 3.2 004. If you have installed the feeds ipk, best to uninstall it. Otherwise you will get a duplicate entry and lose access to plugins download.
 
The new feeds for Ocram's picons have been added to Openvix 3.2 004. If you have installed the feeds ipk, best to uninstall it. Otherwise you will get a duplicate entry and lose access to plugins download.

Wasn't it better to just add the ipk to the feeds? That way people can choose wether or not to install the feed, if an update needs to be done to the feed I can update the ipk, by putting it in the picons feed and if a problem occurs, people can de-install the ipk/feed. Or if people get annoyed in case of lot's of activity and the daily updates, they can choose to temporarely de-install the feed.

??
 
Bit confused by what you mean exactly, but here goes.....


1) The ipk does not come bundled with a script, the ipk just installs a file in /etc/opkg alongside your other feeds, so you can install the picons using your remote. Menu > Applications > Green button. The picons you can download using the feed are the same as on
Code:
https://picons.xyz/downloads/
, snp/srp built against the channellist from
Code:
https://github.com/icesat/Enigma2-settings-13.0E-19.2E-23.5E-28.2E
, containing picons for 13e-19e-23e-28e, dirtysnp/dirtysrp contains all the available picons (even no longer existing ones).

2) If you install the picons from an ipk, it should prompt for flash/hdd/usb, IF they are formated as ext3/4, at least on my setup it prompts for flash or HDD.

3) Since you are asking for a script... If you have a Ubuntu PC/Cygwin on Windows/or Docker, you can just download the project
Code:
https://github.com/picons/picons-source/archive/master.zip
, put your channellist inside build-input, run the script 1-build-servicelist.sh and afterwards 2-build-picons.sh, after the scripts are done, you'll get ipk and tar.xz containing ONLY the picons for the channels in YOUR channellist. If you have 1 channel in your bouquet, you'll get 1 picon.


PS: forget about lamedb, if you build them yourself it's based on your bouquet, a lamedb containing 10 000 channels with only 20 of them in your bouquet, gives you 20 picons.

@Ocram - this is clear - one question "Copy your enigma2 folder" is this the folder and contents OR the contents of the folder - sorry - Is it the bouquet files that go in "build-input" folder or the enigma2 folder itself?

@abu baniaz - if you see this, you have a fantastic script posted here -> http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?44851-Rename-Picons-to-SNP-format

It creates the SNP set, unused and missing picons (I think - generates three files after execution) in a .zip format - it is really good? The script runs against the SRP files - obviously, and you end up with a very small SNP subset of the complete Picon source - about 10% in size - in my case about 5Mb based on your bouquets.

The master source is 170Mb linked by Ocram - I was wondering if there is a script like the SRP -> SNP, that creates the same three zip files against an SNP source? All credit to @Ocram, but the purpose of script is to reduce the size of SNP library that was installed from the feeds plugin in a simpler way than accessing the complete source from GIT Hub. Somebody has already taken the steps to produce the ipk, publish and reduce the size of the source from Ocrams masters - it would be good to use this reduced source with a script to match the SNP's to your individual bouquets? Any help or guidance appreciated please.

I could of course download the SRP source and use the above script, but this is a "moving target" and time sensitive.
 
"Copy your enigma2 folder"

Means that inside "build-input" you should have a folder called "enigma2" in which your bouquet files and lamedb are stored, to make it easy you could just copy the entire folder from your current running setup, but all your settings files are ignored, only the channellist is used.

Final folder structure would be:
Code:
./build-input/enigma2/lamedb
./build-input/enigma2/userbouquet.dbe00.tv
./build-input/enigma2/...

As for your second part, can't you handle downloading 170MB(or git clone and git pull, if doing this regulary)? All that you are trying to achive is possible, you are just trying to do it in the most difficult way possible....
 
Last edited:
Thanks - got it. @Ocram I really do appreciate the work, sorry if my post seemed not to appreciate it. For me being able to run a script against the SNP set that the ViX team created for installation from plug-in seems a few less steps. Thanks - mean it mate :thumbsup:

And I am afraid the only box I have to do this work on is my VuSolo2 - I would have to figure out how to get the files onto HDD and do this from there as I don't have much space in tmp flash - Sorry
 
Last edited:
Thanks - got it. @Ocram I really do appreciate the work, sorry if my post seemed not to appreciate it. For me being able to run a script against the SNP set that the ViX team created for installation from plug-in seems a few less steps. Thanks - mean it mate :thumbsup:

And I am afraid the only box I have to do this work on is my VuSolo2 - I would have to figure out how to get the files onto HDD and do this from there as I don't have much space in tmp flash - Sorry

I didn't get the feeling that you didn't appreciate it :)

I sort of understand why you would wanna do it...

But if your only means is a VUSOLO2, don't bother trying to run my scripts, it won't work. You'll need a real PC for that, preferably a full Ubuntu install or otherwise on Windows using Cygwin /Docker.

If you have the time/expertise, you could try modifying my scripts, because basically everything you need is in them, you could start from a dirtysnp ipk and skip the picons creation step, but lot of work and you will have to do it and know how to do it. :) This would also be possible to run on your box.


@all

Why do people get the impression that my scripts are designed to run on a enigma2 receiver? Is the following text in the README "Ubuntu, Cygwin on Windows and Docker are tested and supported platforms for building the picons. " not clear enough. Because this isn't the first time somebody tried to do it.
 
Last edited:
Mr ocram, do you have or will you have white transparent picons for True Christmas, Christmas24, Christmas24+ and Sky Movies Christmas (SD & HD) please, it's nearly Christmas don't you know.
Thanks.
 
Anybody can contribute to his picons. If youc an upload the pictures they will be done. SVG files are better.
 
Tried a few settings but Vhannibal is the best and regularly updated for us motor users. Good work Ocram, appreciated.
 
It seems that the vhannibal lists contain some inconsistency with regular scans, for example the picons for BBC One Lon and Spike are missing in this case.

Does anybody know of properly scanned, regularly scanned, easily accessible from github and with as much sats as possible? Otherwise I might just release only the "dirty" versions....
 
It seems that the vhannibal lists contain some inconsistency with regular scans, for example the picons for BBC One Lon and Spike are missing in this case.

Does anybody know of properly scanned, regularly scanned, easily accessible from github and with as much sats as possible? Otherwise I might just release only the "dirty" versions....

iv used ciefp-E2-Motor-68E-30W fom time to time and is updated regular i beleave. Maybe worth a look ??
 
Sorry, should have said earlier. The channel settings (for OE-Alliance teams) on Github are usually updated by one of the team members. He has not been here for a while so the updating has fallen behind. Last update was 26/10/2015. We'll have to pickup the maintenance of the settings.

Ciefp normally updates his bouquets here:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1408-ciefp-settings-E2

Not sure if anyone has asked/suggetsed that he uploads bouquets to Github. He'll probabaly have to do omit the IPTV entries.
 
Last edited:
Not being up2date isn't really the problem here I think... In vhannibal his settings the channel "Spike" is called "Spike TV UK", in most others it's called "Spike", but there won't be a picon called "spike", because that channel name didn't exist at the time of creating the picons using the servicelist.

And as far as I can remember it's been called "Spike" a long time longer than 1 month.

Update: ciefp doesn't even include the channel Spike
 
Last edited:
I've decided to rebrand dirtysnp and dirtysrp to snp-full and srp-full, simultaneous the server will no longer build the snp and srp versions against a settingslist, because it will always be a compromise for the benefit of having it "clean".

People with certain desires or special needs can always build it themselves.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top