Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Octagon SF4008 crashing with number display

StuBFrost

New member
Joined
Feb 21, 2012
Messages
190
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi All

I have tried again to use client mode on my Octagon SF8 using my VuPlus Ultimo as the host but when I select a channel, it plays for about 3 seconds and then crashes.

I have attached the log file for the crash but I'm not sure if it is complaining about a lack of memory or whether there is some other issue.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Stu
 

Attachments

Posting for reference purposes.

(BTW Has nothing to do with the thread title)

Code:
<   518.090> [eDVBDemux] open demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux5
<   518.091> [eDVBSectionReader] DMX_SET_FILTER pid=260
<   518.665> Traceback (most recent call last):
<   518.666>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/VFDControl/plugin.py", line 184, in vrime
<   518.668>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/VFDControl/plugin.py", line 130, in __eventInfoChanged
<   518.670>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/VFDControl/plugin.py", line 84, in vfd_text_out
<   518.672>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 711, in __init__
<   518.674>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1235, in _execute_child
<   518.676> OSError: [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
<   518.679> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method Channelnumber.vrime of <Plugins.SystemPlugins.VFDControl.plugin.Channelnumber instance at 0x733f33f0>>,()) failed)
 
Sorry, meant to post this in the general client thread. Didn't notice it wasn't. Should I repost where I meant to ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Leave it here. Don't think it is Client mode either. It is failing on getting number in the vfdcontrol plugin.
 
I turned off the settings for the front display panel on the octagon and client mode worked fine. I wonder if it's a bug where the ultimo can display more information than the octagon and so causes a crash.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The next test is to see if it crashes with a tuner and the setting enabled. Can you post a screenshot of the setting please? (Link to screenshot guide in my signature if you need it.)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top