Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] OE-Alliance OnDemand player official support and discussion thread.

For some reason, the last couple of days Iplayer videos do not seem to play but all the other players work fine. Anyone else having similar issues?

Yes me too. Just sticks at position 00:00 and a duration of 00:00

Vusolo2 image 679
 
Last edited:
Found that when runing the bbc iplayer, you cant wind backwards.. nothing happens..
 
Thanks the BBCi Player fixed worked for me... but, 4OD and ITV Player don't work either!
 
4OD and ITV Player both work fine for me in Denmark using the latest ViX on my duo
 
Does this mean that the fix will be installed when the next version of VIX is released.

Do plugins get updated when VIX is updated, if not how do you update a plugin (delete and reinstall) ?

yes now the fixes are on the GIT, OnDemand will be update when the next image is released same as how other plugins are updated on a image update.
 
Does anybody know why abc iview does not play anything? here in england anyway!
 
Found that when runing the bbc iplayer, you cant wind backwards.. nothing happens..

Update to latest version of VIX last night including new drivers (build 684??) but iPlayer still doesn't rewind or FF - whether using the seekbar, normal rw/ff or anything else...
 
Update to latest version of VIX last night including new drivers (build 684??) but iPlayer still doesn't rewind or FF - whether using the seekbar, normal rw/ff or anything else...

I'm afraid that we can't do anything about this, it's a drivers issue. You could try contacting the manufacturer and request that it gets looked into!

I'm not sure how successful you'd be but worth a shot..
 
I'm afraid that we can't do anything about this, it's a drivers issue. You could try contacting the manufacturer and request that it gets looked into!

I'm not sure how successful you'd be but worth a shot..

I've been reading mixed reports on here and VU forums. Are we saying that we can no longer fast forward, rewind, seek etc because of updated drivers? In my case VU+ Duo.

BBC iplayer / ITV Player used to work correctly until I updated the image. When I get time I'll try reverting the image back to see if it still works.

If it is a driver issue, if I attempt to roll back the driver manually (I'm sure I saw a guide somewhere) will that then allow the iplayer/ITV player to function correctly?

I always assumed it wasn't a driver issue but the way the feeds are delivered.

In it's current state (I'm one build revision behind latest), iplayer / ITV player happily plays as long as I only watch and not try to pause or seek etc. If I do it just freezes and I have to go back to TV viewing to get back into the OnDemand menu.

Regards
Goot
 
On my venton I can rewind and ff ok but still cannot get itv player to play anything past 1 minute 10
 
BBC iplayer / ITV Player used to work correctly until I updated the image. When I get time I'll try reverting the image back to see if it still works.

Just FYI I checked this with an older image with drivers from January this year - FF/Rewind works fine for BBC iPlayer so the problem was definitely introduced with the driver update (I think in June).

I'm presuming/hoping the VIX team have a little more clout with VU+ compared to a couple of unknown users - how about you guys bring this up with them to see if this error can be reversed?
 
Just FYI I checked this with an older image with drivers from January this year - FF/Rewind works fine for BBC iPlayer so the problem was definitely introduced with the driver update (I think in June).

On further investigation this is not so definite - using my current image (build 697) I tried downgrading the drivers to 20130207 and also 20130506 - in both cases the problem still exists.
 
I'm having the problem that after some time watching a film with the OnDemand player my list of recorded films sometimes turns up (Vu+ Solo2). I haven't got any idea why! Maybe there is a signal from an RC in the neighbourhood messing this up?!
If I press 'Exit' in order to close the list, the film starts again from the beginning. This means I will have to fast forward the whole episode again until I reach the point where the film list appeared (which takes ages). Has anybody come across the same problem and, what is more important to me, is there a way to configure the box in a way that I could leave the film list without having to restart the episode?
 
This must be HDMI-CEC related; please disable that and see how you go from there.
If it still happens: de-install the plugin.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top