Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] OnlineVersionCheck Error - Please help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ellis_Dee
  • Start date Start date
E

Ellis_Dee

Guest
Hi,

I'm new to this. I bought the xtrend 9500 on Friday from World of Satellites.

Unwrapped it, plugged it in, watched some fireworks with my daughter and then set about making it work. I then received an error "OnlineCheckVersion" after about an hour. It stops certain things like downloading plugins. My friend suggested flashing it. With some nervousness (I'm new to this) and set about doing this. I downloaded "3.2.021 release et9x00" placed it on a USB and flashed the device. No joy. On bootup the same thing.

Additionally I cannot FTP to the device anymore, i get the following error:
500 OOPS: vsftpd: not found: directory given in 'secure_chroot_dir':/var/share/empty

The thing I can't answer is the "flash with/without settings restored". I am unsure of the difference or how I would do it.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. I'm off to bed in a mo so it may take a while for me to respond!

Thanks

Will

PS - I read certain threads pointing to network settings so I have been playing with these on my router. No joy.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. rest everything (including router) and also changed the ethernet port i was using (a recommendation from a knowledgeable friend). Bingo.

I have turned off auto updater as recommended.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top