Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Hello Ev0,
You asked me for all that info previously and I provided it.
The fact that I asked you here and now for the specific information means that either I do not remember what you told me or the information was incomplete.

This is the *very* reason why we ask you to post your issues into separate threads and to keep threads on topic. My chances of find any previous information on this matter is not easy to find.
I don't know when the lcd broke exactly (as I didn't use the plugin back then), but it was reported to you on github at the time it was broken by another user and nothing was done about it then or since when I have reported it as everytime I have reported the issue you said it was off topic and not related to that thread.
And that is still the case. The issue is off topic and has nothing to do with anything being discussed here. This is still not in its own thread so that the issue can be tracked.
You just asked again what the issue's are on this thread and once again you say it's off topic so I give up.
And once again, rather than provide the information I requested that will allow the issue to be investigated you rather complain about me and *still* not provide the information to get the issue addressed.

You may well give up but the frustration you are experiencing is probably equivalent to my frustration in trying to get you to stay on topic and provide me with the information I need to help you. Acting like a child throwing a tantrum is not going to get anyone closer to a solution.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi Dsayers,
Menu, plugins download plugins, extensions and install jedimakerxtream.

Goto jedimakerxtream, settings turn on automatic live bouquet update then I can't change automatic live update start time. GitHub repo can be found here https://github.com/kiddac/Jedi_Maker_Xtream

Also playlists green to add playlist I can't use input buttons but virtual keyboard works
Thank you for this bug report. I am installing the plugin now and will follow your instructions to investigate.

EDIT / UPDATE: I can reproduce the issue. I am investigating.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hello Ev0,

I think you need to check your attitude at the door. You are being rude and totally unhelpful.

Hello Ev0,

Acting like a child throwing a tantrum is not going to get anyone closer to a solution.

Regards,
Ian.

Maybe you should try taking your own advice mate
 
Hi Ian

I am on latest OpenVix 5.4 and do updates everyday to keep up with bug fixes.
The issue with the Numerical text input is stille there. But to make things clear, Yes the Numerical text input works as soon as you first open the VirtualKeyboard.
When "from now named Vkeyboard" is open with txt button or ok button i can use Numerical text input.

Me personal accully like this since usual the Vkeyboard have a better look and also gives me the option to choose how to put in my txt.
But i have been around for so longtime that i cant use my personal preference when there are so many users that dont share my opinion.


So the solution is what??

Re write 100 of plugin to match one image or re write ConfigList.py to match 100 of plugins??

And to all who have an issue with this the dirty solution for the moment is to use ConfigList.py from last build of OpenVix 5.3
The the Numerical text input will work again but you loose the new way of button use.
 
Hi Ev0,
Maybe you should try taking your own advice mate
I have been nothing but civil and polity to you. Obviously you just what to whinge about me and not get the problems fixed. So be it. You only have yourself to blame if your issues do not get addressed.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hi Seagen,
I am on latest OpenVix 5.4 and do updates everyday to keep up with bug fixes.
The issue with the Numerical text input is stille there. But to make things clear, Yes the Numerical text input works as soon as you first open the VirtualKeyboard.
When "from now named Vkeyboard" is open with txt button or ok button i can use Numerical text input.

Me personal accully like this since usual the Vkeyboard have a better look and also gives me the option to choose how to put in my txt.
But i have been around for so longtime that i cant use my personal preference when there are so many users that dont share my opinion.

So the solution is what??

Re write 100 of plugin to match one image or re write ConfigList.py to match 100 of plugins??

And to all who have an issue with this the dirty solution for the moment is to use ConfigList.py from last build of OpenVix 5.3
The the Numerical text input will work again but you loose the new way of button use.
Using the detailed bug report from dsayers I have been able to reproduce the issue in his bug report. I already have a fix for that problem. Before I commit that fix can you please confirm any specific screen and entry that is giving you grief? I would like to test if the fix also addresses your observed issues.

By the way, the issues triggered by Kiddac's plugins appear to be that he uses an old copy of some of the ConfigList code within his code. That older code is incomplete compared to the newer abilities in OpenViX. From looking at his code this appears to be a requirement such that his plugins work on a range of images that contain differing implementations of the ConfigList code. I think my code change in the OpenViX version of ConfigList will address this issue without compromising OpenViX users.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Last edited:
@Ev0,

Had you provided a bug report like that provided by dsayers then the issue I have now fixed could have been identified much earlier. I hope you will understand why and how a proper bug reports help to identify and find issues / bugs.

I suspect that this fix will address and and all issues in all of Kiddac's plugins on the assumption that his coding style is consistent across all his plugins.

Regards,
Ian.
 
I am pretty sure if you found a fix for Numerical text input to work with Jedi then you solved it withany other plugin or screens with the same issue.
Is this update avalible for testing now??


Thanks

Seagen
 
Hi Seagen,

I will commit the fix I have immediately. As soon as Huevox merges it and starts a build it should become available to everyone.

Would you like a copy of the changes to test on your system? The pull request is here: Pull Request #301

Regards,
Ian.
 
Thanks Ian this solved the problem and i can still use the new button style
 
Hi Seagen,
Thanks Ian this solved the problem and i can still use the new button style
Thank you for testing the fix.

Thanks also to dsayers for giving me the directions to identifying the problem. I would not have found the issue without his guidance.

Regards,
Ian.
 
@Ev0,

Had you provided a bug report like that provided by dsayers then the issue I have now fixed could have been identified much earlier. I hope you will understand why and how a proper bug reports help to identify and find issues / bugs.

I suspect that this fix will address and and all issues in all of Kiddac's plugins on the assumption that his coding style is consistent across all his plugins.

Regards,
Ian.

Well clearly you understood my instructions well enough when you posted this: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...-code-refactor&p=502462&viewfull=1#post502462

As you posted the screenshots yourself.

Anyway the numerical text input seems to be fixed now, I just tested on JMX and Xstreamity so thank you for that.

However the LCD issue remains (but that is off topic again), you can only test this on boxes with an LCD display such as Solo4K, Ultimo4K, Duo4K, Duo4K SE and some other models that have a proper LCD screen (I don't know the names and models of all the boxes).
 
Hello Ev0,
Well clearly you understood my instructions well enough when you posted this: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...-code-refactor&p=502462&viewfull=1#post502462

As you posted the screenshots yourself.

Anyway the numerical text input seems to be fixed now, I just tested on JMX and Xstreamity so thank you for that.

However the LCD issue remains (but that is off topic again), you can only test this on boxes with an LCD display such as Solo4K, Ultimo4K, Duo4K, Duo4K SE and some other models that have a proper LCD screen (I don't know the names and models of all the boxes).
Thank you for posting that thread reference. If you read that thread you will find that I repeatedly asked you for reproduction steps to highlight the issues you were reporting. I, and others, posted that we could not identify the issues you appeared to be experiencing with the code.

Throughout all 12 pages of that thread you *never* posted any information that helped us to identify exactly what issues you were experiencing. One 4 line post, in this thread, from dsayers with simple reproduction steps and I was able to identify the issue within minutes and within a few more minutes the problem is now fixed. A helpful bug report doesn't need to be long or complicated. Dsayers posted what we needed to load, what buttons to press and what didn't change as expected. I was able to follow those steps exactly and I could see the problem. Once I saw it I was able to fix it. Had you provided the information we requested then the problems would have been fixed much sooner. We are not mind readers. We don't know what you are doing to trigger the issue. If you don't provide us the information we need then we will usually be unable to resolve the issue.

It is also interesting that in that thread a number of users posted that they could not reproduce the front panel issue you reported. Again you simply kept posting that the code was broken and that I broke it. You never provided any information that helped anyone reproduce the issue. Again, this issue is completely off topic for this thread, we have no information that tells us how to reproduce the front panel issue.

It is fine that you want to whinge and complain about me and my changes but it won't get the issue fixed. It is well past time that you start providing the information requested that will help us identify the issues you are reporting.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hello Ev0,

Thank you for posting that thread reference. If you read that thread you will find that I repeatedly asked you for reproduction steps to highlight the issues you were reporting. I, and others, posted that we could not identify the issues you appeared to be experiencing with the code.

Throughout all 12 pages of that thread you *never* posted any information that helped us to identify exactly what issues you were experiencing. One 4 line post, in this thread, from dsayers with simple reproduction steps and I was able to identify the issue within minutes and within a few more minutes the problem is now fixed. A helpful bug report doesn't need to be long or complicated. Dsayers posted what we needed to load, what buttons to press and what didn't change as expected. I was able to follow those steps exactly and I could see the problem. Once I saw it I was able to fix it. Had you provided the information we requested then the problems would have been fixed much sooner. We are not mind readers. We don't know what you are doing to trigger the issue. If you don't provide us the information we need then we will usually be unable to resolve the issue.

It is also interesting that in that thread a number of users posted that they could not reproduce the front panel issue you reported. Again you simply kept posting that the code was broken and that I broke it. You never provided any information that helped anyone reproduce the issue. Again, this issue is completely off topic for this thread, we have no information that tells us how to reproduce the front panel issue.

It is fine that you want to whinge and complain about me and my changes but it won't get the issue fixed. It is well past time that you start providing the information requested that will help us identify the issues you are reporting.

Regards,
Ian.


I don't know how much more info you needed, the post right after that one, said use the numerical input keys NOT the VK, but you didn't.

Further down that thread, I said if you play a stream then you will see the lcd goes blank (but again you didn't listen), I even gave you the link to the commit that caused the issue, but you said that wouldn't cause a problem even though I told you that it did.

Anyway you fixed the first issue now and twol has a server and a box with lcd screen to test now so maybe he can supply you with the exact button press info you require to be able to fix it.
 
Hello Ev0,

First you say this...

I don't know how much more info you needed, the post right after that one, said use the numerical input keys NOT the VK, but you didn't.
then you say this...

Anyway you fixed the first issue now and twol has a server and a box with lcd screen to test now so maybe he can supply you with the exact button press info you require to be able to fix it.

You obviously know and understand exactly the information I needed but chose not to provide it. It appears that you prefer to insult people trying to help you rather than contribute to the solution. No more for me to say.

Regards,
Ian.
 
Hello Ev0,

First you say this...


then you say this...



You obviously know and understand exactly the information I needed but chose not to provide it. It appears that you prefer to insult people trying to help you rather than contribute to the solution. No more for me to say.

Regards,
Ian.

The only one that has used insults in this (and the other thread) i'm afraid is you.
 
So isn't insulting? I found it insulting.

I am sorry that you were insulted by my reference to the new system that broke the old system, it's my opinion therefore I am entitled to voice it (everyone has that right).

Ian is the only person on this thread and the other thread that resorts to "personal" insults then.

Is that worded better ?
 
Hi Ev0,

Perfectly worded. Since you are such a great contributor I will leave you to work on fixing and improving Enigma2. Life is too short to put up with insults from people like you. From now on you can fix your own problems. Even after making all the changes you requested you can't stop the insults.

I will now focus on doing what I want for my own machine, to hell with being a contributor. It isn't worth it. Hope you enjoy learning programming because with your attitude you will be pissing of the very few coders left working on Enigma2. I can't wait for you to be treated in a similar way by a keyboard warrior who probably hasn't got the guts to say what you have said to anyone in person.

Bye,
Ian.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top