Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] openvix 6 0 001 - settings backup doesn't install

Hi, thanks for all help!
So i used theH9SDmanager this morning on my H9S.
Once you hit the Green button (initialise SD card) it takes about 5 minutes or so to initialise the card(depending on the mmc card technology/speed) and then copy the devices root to the card.
The pictures show the status after the initial reboot, followed by restart using the sd card.

Things to remember:
1) when you initialise the card, the task is not completed until the original screen is shown e.g. you see Superblocks ... done, but then it takes about 4 minutes more to copy the root files
2) then hit Red button reboot.......this ensure sd card is mounted correctly
3) After reboot, hard press Power button, and select H9SDroot ---> select swap to SD

As the pictures show, works perfectly for me, BUT ... make sure that hacks like Flash Expander are not installed
 

Attachments

  • H9S on SD card memory.webp
    H9S on SD card memory.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 15
  • H9S on mmc sd card.webp
    H9S on mmc sd card.webp
    27 KB · Views: 17
Couple of questions

1. Is it possible to have an option to reduce the size of picon in channel list (similar to OpenATV)?
2. Is it possible to sort/rearrange menu items in main menu according to preference?

Many thanks

I am using Zgemma H9 combo with Openvix 6.0.001
 
Hi, thanks, i'll have another go. BTW I followed the FlashExpander from OpenVix pages!
 
I had a go, all seemed OK unit I tried to install 6.0.001 and the box froze again.
 
New OpenViX installed
When I want to change the password, it does not change it or set a new one either from the device itself or via the telnet command passwd

Authentication token manipulation error
password unchanged

octagon sf 8008

- does not work even after the latest update image openvis 6.0
 
.... not sure if this is the cause, but timeshift not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB) reported in the last log.
 
Another update, Reflashed with 6.0.01, IP changed on box, was suffix 107 now 94. four new crash logsView attachment 62799View attachment 62798View attachment 62797View attachment 62800
it seems ok now.
I have no clue from the crash log - why you are getting that assert error.

As the box is now used for IPTV, are the tuner(s) enabled or disabled??
If not - disable.

Can you post which plugins if any you have installed - thanks!

From last line I assume its running OK at the moment?
 
Even with 6.0.002 I don't have the ability to change the password or FTP
 
so I said the new image is without adjustment. Here I am now from the box download v6.0.002 and rewritten and now it works to change the pass
 
I've had similar problems where the partition becomes unwriteable on the SF8008 and the only solution is to flash the recovery image and start again.
 
.... not sure if this is the cause, but timeshift not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB) reported in the last log.

Can't find Timeshift.
 
I have no clue from the crash log - why you are getting that assert error.

As the box is now used for IPTV, are the tuner(s) enabled or disabled??
If not - disable.

Can you post which plugins if any you have installed - thanks!

From last line I assume its running OK at the moment?

Yes,it does seem OK now, thanks. Upgraded it to 6.0.002.

Memory

RAM
Total: 973900
Free: 500380

Flash
Total: 29.1G
Free: 27.2G

Swap: 256 MB


Skin: Vix-Night-HD

Extra Plugs installed:
Dream Explorer
EPG Trans
EPG Import
Jedi
NetSpeedTest
XStreamity

Toshiba HDD (160 GB Free)
 
Does the Ultimo need a swap file as they were only used on inferior boxes.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top