Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4KSE] OpenVix crash when using timeshift buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
@wiz2003 - can you display your plugins page (long press blue button)
 
@wiz2003 - can you display your plugins page (long press blue button)

It is funny that you should say that... This morning I removed hrtunerproxy and xstreamity - so essentially, apart from openvpn, it is stock...

Maybe I should just build from scratch - I have the backups of the current setup...

20220721_090520.webp

Many thanks.....
 
BTW all that I do now is press pause once and wait to cause the problem...
 
We have had 4 people testing for the last several hours and no one can reproduce your problem.
 
We have had 4 people testing for the last several hours and no one can reproduce your problem.

Thank you - I am sorry

You can have a copy of my backup if you like or I can clean install from scratch...

Thank you

PS I will clean install - including a complete reset of the ssd...
I will keep the backups of the dodgy system,.....
 
Last edited:
So far, clean install looking OK
And, for the first time, am asked what to do when exiting timeshift..
I have NO idea why this happened.... but will play and try and let you know...
Sorry to have been a pain.....
 
So far, clean install looking OK
And, for the first time, am asked what to do when exiting timeshift..
I have NO idea why this happened.... but will play and try and let you know...
Sorry to have been a pain.....

Because you configured your box to ask you the question

In the timeshift menu you probably have "Timeshift save action on zap = ask user"

Just set it to "don't save"
 
We have had 4 people testing for the last several hours and no one can reproduce your problem.
Install Samba
Reboot
Turn it on
That breaks it!
Disable Samba
Still broken
Reboot
Remove Samba
Reboot
Still broken..
Will have to clean install again - did not take a backup before installing Samba
Bugger!
 
Last edited:
Because you configured your box to ask you the question

In the timeshift menu you probably have "Timeshift save action on zap = ask user"

Just set it to "don't save"

Thank you, sorry, I have not changed that setting but never got the prompt before......
 
Samba breaks timeshift? Are you serious?

It was working before I installed / enabled samba...
Am going to clean install (I have got it off to a fine art)
backup!!!!!
Test
Install samba
reboot
test...
Will let you know.......
 
Last edited:
So are you trying to timeshift to a remote device on your network via Samba?
 
So are you trying to timeshift to a remote device on your network via Samba?

No No, it is a clean install, setup freesat - no plugins etc.
Then wanted to copy my bouquet back, so enabled Samba.......
I am always just testing timeshifting of satellite...

No remote devices involved - apart from PC which I was going to connect via samba and see if I could restore my bouquet....
 
Last edited:
It was working before I installed / enabled samba...
Am going to clean install (I have got it off to a fine art)
backup!!!!!
Test
Install samba
reboot
test...
Will let you know.......

Sorry, just done a clean install (without init HDD) and it is still broken even without samba.....
Back to the drawing board.....
Sometimes it breaks quicker than others (may be channel dependent)

aaaarrgghhh

One more try........
 
I am going to bed now - this is just NOT GOOD...
Whatever I do, it breaks
there is something seriously wrong here!

Here is some of what I did...

Init ssd
Flashed openvix 6.2.007
No restore
Ok network
Exit wizard
Full factory reset
No restore
Set up 2160
50hz
English uk
No screen align
Wizard Set up 2 advanced tuners, scr / jess
No plugins
Ok time options
No change skin
Autobouquet
Provider freesat
Start scan
Press pause 1 4 3 6 pause
Change channels x 5 times with various pauses
Looks ok
Backup
Reboot
Press pause wait………………
Lock up!
Reboot
Switch debug on
Restart gui
Push pause
Screensaver comes on
Push exit
Press pause x 2
Lock up!
 
Last edited:
I was not whining
I have spent £300 on a box that neither you nor I can get to work properly and all that world of satellite say is the unit is not faulty.
Under UK law, currently the system is not as described, not fit for purpose and may well be faulty!
Perhaps, and as requested, you could give me your expert opinion as to whether this system may be faulty?
 
Last edited:
Also, could you please send me a full transcript of this thread, including what you deleted, to be used should this matter go to court.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top