Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[SF8008] Openvix & DAB+ feeds?

I have only been testing with the BBC DAB distribution on 28.2 and I don't think there are any IP addresses involved. It's just a data feed for the DAB transmitters to use. I thought that the IP address you had in your example was a multicast address for distributing on your LAN. I think I have been approaching this from the wrong perspective. I'll go back to @Clemente's posts on bouquet files and start from there. I already have some IP bouquets which use exteplayer (5002) and I'll see how they can be adapted to tune the DAB streams. I thought maybe that dabstreamer had a GUI where I could select a programme within a DAB distribution using the screen and remote without having to create bouquets beforehand.

No IP needed for the BBC DAB mux, ts2na is enough.
Load the transponder in your receiver, modify the lamedb file as in my previous posts and take my bouquet specifically written for the BBC. It works.
However, as explained before (credits are not mine!!), you need serviceapp to get other streams like, for exaple, most stations in the SDL mux. So you must install serviceapp and change the first field in every line of the bouquet file from 4097 to 5002.
Then use your receiver remote to call up the bouquet and select the station you want to listen.
No GUI for dabstreamer.
 
I have only been testing with the BBC DAB distribution on 28.2 and I don't think there are any IP addresses involved. It's just a data feed for the DAB transmitters to use. I thought that the IP address you had in your example was a multicast address for distributing on your LAN. I think I have been approaching this from the wrong perspective. I'll go back to @Clemente's posts on bouquet files and start from there. I already have some IP bouquets which use exteplayer (5002) and I'll see how they can be adapted to tune the DAB streams. I thought maybe that dabstreamer had a GUI where I could select a programme within a DAB distribution using the screen and remote without having to create bouquets beforehand.
dabstreamer is basically just a script that starts a suitable application for DATApid processing
 
dabstreamer is basically just a script that starts a suitable application for DATApid processing

I have realised that now, thanks. It was the screenshot you posted which made me think there was a GUI. I have cracked it now! By reviewing @Clemente's earlier posts on the thread, I just modified one of my IPTV bouquets and inserted the service references for the BBC DAB and voila!
 

Attachments

  • capture_001_18102024_231922.webp
    capture_001_18102024_231922.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 39
No IP needed for the BBC DAB mux, ts2na is enough.
Load the transponder in your receiver, modify the lamedb file as in my previous posts and take my bouquet specifically written for the BBC. It works.
However, as explained before (credits are not mine!!), you need serviceapp to get other streams like, for exaple, most stations in the SDL mux. So you must install serviceapp and change the first field in every line of the bouquet file from 4097 to 5002.
Then use your receiver remote to call up the bouquet and select the station you want to listen.
No GUI for dabstreamer.

@Clemente - many thanks for your helpful posts in this thread. My thinking was faulty in that I was expecting to be able to use an on-screen GUI to select from a tuned DAB multiplex. Instead, the whole process is driven from service references in a bouquet file, providing eti-tools and dabstreamer are installed and started at boot time. I actually have serviceapp installed in order to invoke exteplayer on certain IPTV streams which won't play properly using the in-built player on our boxes. So, I have certain IPTV services which use 5002 instead of the default 4097 and this invokes the exteplayer. I have adapted one of my existing bouquet files and am playing streams from the BBC DAB multiplex successfully. I haven't had to edit anything in lamedb, though. That particular transponder on 28.2 already is used by AutoBouquetMaker for Freesat services and carries the Freesat EPG also. So, only a biit of bouquet tweaking needed once eti-tools and dabstreamer are installed. I can appreciate that radio services are important for you and having access to a wide range of stations is very useful. Some of the audio quality is quite dire on these DAB services, though. I have experimented with DAB on SDR (software defined radio) before. With a good antenna I was able to receive a fairly good signal from the DAB transmitters in Wales. Here in Ireland, we abandoned the DAB service several years ago. It was never very popular and had limited transmissions outside Dublin. I think most people just use streaming radio on their phones!
 
@Clemente - would you kindly have a txt file copy of your 28.2 bouquets, please? The forum software doesn't escape properly the colon symbols in your earlier posts of your bouquets and creates http links which are hidden in the display. Either post them as files in a zip or rar or paste them into code blocks like this one which I have edited to use 5002 instead of 4097:

Code:
#NAME iptv-org - BBC DAB
#SERVICE 5002:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://localhost:5237/ts2na/1:0:C:2954:90B:3B:11A0000:0:0:0/1061/12/0xc221:BBC Radio1
#DESCRIPTION BBC Radio1
#SERVICE 5002:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://localhost:5237/ts2na/1:0:C:2954:90B:3B:11A0000:0:0:0/1061/12/0xc222:BBC Radio2
#DESCRIPTION BBC Radio2
#SERVICE 5002:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://localhost:5237/ts2na/1:0:C:2954:90B:3B:11A0000:0:0:0/1061/12/0xc223:BBC Radio3
#DESCRIPTION BBC Radio3
#SERVICE 5002:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://localhost:5237/ts2na/1:0:C:2954:90B:3B:11A0000:0:0:0/1061/12/0xc224:BBC Radio4
#DESCRIPTION BBC Radio4
#SERVICE 5002:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://localhost:5237/ts2na/1:0:C:2954:90B:3B:11A0000:0:0:0/1061/12/0xc225:BBC Radio5
#DESCRIPTION BBC Radio5
#SERVICE 5002:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://localhost:5237/ts2na/1:0:C:2954:90B:3B:11A0000:0:0:0/1061/12/0xc22b:BBC Radio6
#DESCRIPTION BBC Radio6
#SERVICE 5002:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://localhost:5237/ts2na/1:0:C:2954:90B:3B:11A0000:0:0:0/1061/12/0xc238:BBC WorldService
#DESCRIPTION BBC WorldService
#SERVICE 5002:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://localhost:5237/ts2na/1:0:C:2954:90B:3B:11A0000:0:0:0/1061/12/0xc228:BBC Radio5SX
#DESCRIPTION BBC Radio5SX
 
I'm modifying my 28.2 East bouquets now, but I noticed that not all issues are solved yet.
Replacing the 4097 value with 5002 solved the problem for the SDL mux but not for the D1 one (not tried the D1 Scotland but I suspect it is the same).
So, here is my BBC bouquet. This is surely working for me.
I must play again with D1, but now I'm sure that the problem is here.
Please note that the .tv file must be renamed according to your configuration. The EXACT name must be linked in the bouquet.tv file.
So, my file is named userbouquet.dab6.tv, you must replace dab6 part like you want leaving the other parts as they are and copying the entire file name in the bouquet.tv file.
 

Attachments

Forgot to say that, as soon as I'm ready with the other bouquets I post them here.
 
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to create DAB as Radio and not as TV?
 
I'm modifying my 28.2 East bouquets now, but I noticed that not all issues are solved yet.
Replacing the 4097 value with 5002 solved the problem for the SDL mux but not for the D1 one (not tried the D1 Scotland but I suspect it is the same).
So, here is my BBC bouquet. This is surely working for me.
I must play again with D1, but now I'm sure that the problem is here.
Please note that the .tv file must be renamed according to your configuration. The EXACT name must be linked in the bouquet.tv file.
So, my file is named userbouquet.dab6.tv, you must replace dab6 part like you want leaving the other parts as they are and copying the entire file name in the bouquet.tv file.

Thanks for that @Clemente. I have created my BBC NDRA bouqet and it's working perfectly with exteplayer3 (coded 5002). However, I added a couple of entries from the D1 bouquet and I get no audio despite using 5002. I tweaked exteplayer3 settings to use software conversion of AAC, but no go.

I#ll try a couple from the SDL bouquet and see how I get on. I reckon it's just a codec issue.
 
Ok - I'm back again after some further experimentation with bouquets. When the audio is an MP2 stream (rather than AAC) it doesn't seem to matter whether you use 4097 or 5001 or 5002 to have the default or gstplayer or exteplayer3 play the stream. They all work for me. However, on a DAB+ AAC stream only 4097 works for me. But the sound is choppy during speech, but surprisingly sounds ok when music starts:confused:
See this setting
Code:
#SERVICE 5002:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:http://localhost:5237/ts2na/1:0:C:2959:90B:3B:11A0000:0:0:0/1062/12/0xc2a1:Classic FM
#DESCRIPTION Classic FM

I get no sound out of exteplayer3 (or gstplayer if I change to 5001). Only when I change to 4097 do I hear any audio. But only after a delay of some seconds. Music plays ok but then as soon as the music ands and the announcer starts talking the sound slows down or breaks up. As soon the music starts again the sound is ok again.

Having looked through the thread on SatsUK forum it would appear to be a codec issue. But I'm using exteplayer3 and hear nothing? The codec in my AX61HD is libavcodec.so.60.31.102. It's definitely some kind of codec issue as dablin on my desktop will play all the streams ok. Any suggestions?

I've been using serviceapp and exteplayer3 for over a year now for IPTV, so I'm familiar with using it. I found the default player would stream some 4097 IPTV streams for about 20 seconds, then stop. Once I coded them as 5002 and used exteplayer3 they were fine. But I'm having the opposite experience with these DAB streams!
 
@Joe_90, yes you are right, it seems a codec problem.
Also, it seems that each bouquet is a different story. For example, for me SDL does not work if the 4th, 5th and 6th field in the bouquet string are 0.
4097:0:2:0:0:0......
does not work.
4097:0:2:1:1:1......
it is perfect with good sound.
No way to get D1 DAB and D1 Scotland muxes. No sound. Codec issue surely, as you mentioned.
But, as I know, different versions of libavcodec.so.60.31.102 are available, but I don't know which one is the best, how to recognise them and where to find them.
Are you able to make deeper tests? My linux skill is very very poor unfortunately, and I don't know what to do now, other than finding the right codec. Thanks.
 
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to create DAB as Radio and not as TV?

Yes I agree, but we must understand and solve all issues at first. Then we can think to organise the settings better.
 
Thanks for the suggestion @EnoSat, but it didn't make any difference. It sounds like the codec on the default player is dropping frames when it is playing AAC. I'm pretty sure it's the same error reported on the SatsUK forum. exteplayer3 is not producing any audio on my AX61HD, though.
 
Found a codec that does seem very good!!
It is a little bit older than the one originally installed in the Openvix but it works so better!
During these days I just read (maybe in Satsuk... not sure) that this older codec was available in Satdreamgr image, so I installed it in a free slot and grabbed the codec. Then rebooted the Openvix and copied the new (old) codec in the /usr/lib folder.
Doing so, all muxes (including D1 DAB and D1 Scotland) seem perfectly working with the original values in the bouquet strings: 4097:0:2:0:0:0.....
I suspect that exteplayer3 and 5002 are not needed.
Now it's too late for a deep test (and I want to watch the F1 qualifying from Austin), but tomorrow I make more test and if it will be OK I will post the final bouquets here.
 

Attachments

Found a codec that does seem very good!!
It is a little bit older than the one originally installed in the Openvix but it works so better!
During these days I just read (maybe in Satsuk... not sure) that this older codec was available in Satdreamgr image, so I installed it in a free slot and grabbed the codec. Then rebooted the Openvix and copied the new (old) codec in the /usr/lib folder.
Doing so, all muxes (including D1 DAB and D1 Scotland) seem perfectly working with the original values in the bouquet strings: 4097:0:2:0:0:0.....
I suspect that exteplayer3 and 5002 are not needed.
Now it's too late for a deep test (and I want to watch the F1 qualifying from Austin), but tomorrow I make more test and if it will be OK I will post the final bouquets here.

Thanks for that. I played the SDL bouquet on my AX61. Most of the programmes play, but there is definitely some issue with the codec on these DAB+ streams with HE-AAC. The music plays slightly slow and is very poor quality. Kerrang! doesn't play at all for me - looks like the service reference is messed up somewhere but the bouquet data looks fine. Sounds ok if I stream to my PC and use the dablin player, so it's definitely to do with how the audio is being unpacked. I'll try your old codec and see how it goes!
 
Having thought about it, I don't see how just copying in those older codecs alongside the current versions could work. Unless you removed the current ones and properly installed the older ones how would they ever get used by the media players?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top