Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[SF8008] Openvix & DAB+ feeds?

In OpenATV 7.5 (also valid in 7.4) I solved it very simply. Must uninstall gstreamer1.0-libav plugin from Setup-Software Management-Advanced Options-Package Manager-Multimedia Packages. Restart.
Here you have the archive for Openvix.

Could anyone upload again this archive for OpenVix?
 
With this guide:

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...-amp-DAB-feeds&p=541112&viewfull=1#post541112

Result with GB HD Quad Plus and OpenViX.

Code:
root@gbquadplus:~# wget http://192.168.1.2:8001/1:0:1:A:1:212C:1860000:0:0:0: -q -O- | tsniv2ni 1010 | ni2out --list

Ensemble:  (0xe000)
****************************************************************************
 #  Programme Label   Serv.Id.  P/S SubCh Capac.Units   Prot.   Bitrate Mode
****************************************************************************
 1:    Deftero 103,7  (0x1001)  Prm   2   96 ( 80-175)  eep-2a  96 Kb/s DAB+
 2:     DefteroLaika  (0x1008)  Prm   9   80 (640-719)  eep-2a  80 Kb/s DAB+
 3:        Era Sport  (0x1003)  Prm   4   64 (288-351)  eep-2a  64 Kb/s DAB+
 4:           Kosmos  (0x1004)  Prm   5   80 (352-431)  eep-2a  80 Kb/s DAB+
 5:      Kosmos-Jazz  (0x1007)  Prm   8   80 (560-639)  eep-2a  80 Kb/s DAB+
 6:            Trito  (0x1002)  Prm   3  112 (176-287)  eep-2a 112 Kb/s DAB+
 7:   2o Paradosiaka  (0x1010)  Prm  11   64 (800-863)  eep-2a  64 Kb/s DAB+
 8:            Proto  (0x1000)  Prm   1   80 (  0- 79)  eep-2a  80 Kb/s DAB+
 9:       3o Maestro  (0x1009)  Prm  10   80 (720-799)  eep-2a  80 Kb/s DAB+
10:  Voice Of Greece  (0x1005)  Prm   6   48 (432-479)  eep-2a  48 Kb/s DAB+
11:         Zeppelin  (0x1006)  Prm   7   80 (480-559)  eep-2a  80 Kb/s DAB+
Free CUs on this multiplex =   0
 
Thanks @plevel - I've compiled these from source and run them on my AX61 and mutant HD51 in the past. I'll certainly install on the GB Quad+
 
Could you post some hints about compiling from source for Arm boxes.
Very basic tutorial :)
 
Could you post some hints about compiling from source for Arm boxes.
Very basic tutorial :)

Actually - I got the compiled ipk's for my HD61 from post #32 of this thread. I compiled from source for my linux PC from the sources on
Code:
https://github.com/piratfm/eti-tools
The instructions are detailed on that repository and worked straight away on my PC. I just opened the raw stream from the transponder and did all the conversion on the PC.
 
I presume the guys in satdream.gr built it? That's where all this started - I think from a dab radio plugin they developed originally? I haven't ever checked OpenATV, but @plevel said he got it from there? If so, then it should be available for OE members maybe? Sorry about all the question marks, but it's not something I looked at in depth once I had it basically working. I think the stream audio quality for the DAB feeds is pretty low in most of the commercial radio in the UK - ok for the car but not for serious home listening. Some of the BBC stuff is better, but I think internet radio is where you can get the best quality. Even on my mobile phone I can get HE-AAC 320k audio stream from BBC Radio 3.
 
The sources are all in
Code:
https://github.com/piratfm/eti-tools

I only compiled and ran X86 versions on my PC and streamed raw transponder output streams to them. The only binaries I used on my AX61 and HD51 (and now Quad Plus) came from ipk's posted on this thread by @Clemente and @plevel.
 
Мy suspicions are that both of files (arm and mips) are downloaded from SatdreamGr feed, many years ago...
 
hi can someone fix Kiss, Kisstory, LBC, Magic & Talk Sport & add a bouquet with it working please ?

thanks
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean about "fix". Those are DAB services within particular constellations on some satellites. This whole thread would, in my view, be for enthusiastic experimenters who can install various utilities to extract DAB data which is otherwise destined for commercial rebroadcast, rather than direct reception. I don't think it will be a mainstream offering supported by ABM or other bouquet editor anytime soon (but I could be wrong!). I'd suggest you download the sample bouquets scattered through the thread and edit them to your own satisfaction. Most of the UK stations available on these DAB constellations are available on Freesat and Sky direct radio transmissions. Freesat radio is at 700 in that particular bouquet.
 
I'm not sure what you mean about "fix". Those are DAB services within particular constellations on some satellites. This whole thread would, in my view, be for enthusiastic experimenters who can install various utilities to extract DAB data which is otherwise destined for commercial rebroadcast, rather than direct reception. I don't think it will be a mainstream offering supported by ABM or other bouquet editor anytime soon (but I could be wrong!). I'd suggest you download the sample bouquets scattered through the thread and edit them to your own satisfaction. Most of the UK stations available on these DAB constellations are available on Freesat and Sky direct radio transmissions. Freesat radio is at 700 in that particular bouquet.
hi iv got the ones on 28°E working, well most. what i mean by fix is the ones i listed dont play. an edit of the SDL National bouquet was posted that fixed the ones in that bouquet, if you look at post #110 this fixed bouquet was uploaded https://world-of-satellite.com/attachments/userbouquet-dab9-tv-txt.67028/ sadly its only for the one bouquet. the stations i listed that dont play are in bouquets D1 National & D1 Scotland. im also having trouble getting the other ones on other satellites working like on 9°E is there bouquets for these please ?

thanks
 
Last edited:
I personally don't have any newer bouquets as I haven't played with DAB for months. Maybe some other contributor on the thread can share? To be honest, I found the audio quality on most services to be poor in comparison with their equivalents in the main Freesat and Sky radio feeds. Fairly typical of DAB services generally - cram as many services in the 1.5MHz window as possible. There were a couple of DAB+ services (notably Classic FM) which I could never receive satisfactorily no matter what "dabbling" (sorry) I did with codecs and different stream readers.:giggle:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top