bungabunga
New member
- Joined
- Mar 9, 2022
- Messages
- 6
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hello everyone,
Looking to get a finger into the world of Linux receivers without forking out too much $ in these troubled times I acquired an old Vu+ Solo. After making sure it was original I did a bit of reading and realized that one of the last images that could run decently on this receiver was OpenVix 3.2.037.
Flashing went on without much trouble (second stick I tried worked) and satellite scan on 19.2E worked as expected. With this image the receiver moves decently in the menus and zapping is reasonably fast.
However, despite the network testing OK, I was unable to download any plugin whatsoever, every time I try I get "There has been an error, please try again later"
I also Installed OScam (ipk downloaded here) and it doesn't work, despite being able to connect to it's web interface from my laptop. On he receiver every time I try to access "show readers" in Oscam info I get [Errno 146] connection refused.
Is this a bug or am I missing something very obvious? Please be kind to a beginner, I understand this topic is some 7 years too late
Thanks in advance for your help
Looking to get a finger into the world of Linux receivers without forking out too much $ in these troubled times I acquired an old Vu+ Solo. After making sure it was original I did a bit of reading and realized that one of the last images that could run decently on this receiver was OpenVix 3.2.037.
Flashing went on without much trouble (second stick I tried worked) and satellite scan on 19.2E worked as expected. With this image the receiver moves decently in the menus and zapping is reasonably fast.
However, despite the network testing OK, I was unable to download any plugin whatsoever, every time I try I get "There has been an error, please try again later"
I also Installed OScam (ipk downloaded here) and it doesn't work, despite being able to connect to it's web interface from my laptop. On he receiver every time I try to access "show readers" in Oscam info I get [Errno 146] connection refused.
Is this a bug or am I missing something very obvious? Please be kind to a beginner, I understand this topic is some 7 years too late
Thanks in advance for your help