Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] OPKG Update error when trying to install plugins

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martincape
  • Start date Start date
No buddy should still work. Mine did. I would get it out n replace it and see what happens, I think you will find the Home Hub 4 will be better. :D
 
It's deffo has somethin to do with the image... Has to

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Literally tried everything now:

New cable
New router
Network Test
Telnet Ping WOS
Creating new connection by restarting
Rebooting router

Cannot try wireless dongle as can't install driver.

I'm at a loss. No idea why this will not work. I know when I reflash to 003 it will work. For how long I don't know.
 
Plenty free pal

7e9uqehu.jpg
 
Reflashed to 003, restored a backup made this morning (when I couldn't download updates).

Now I can. Any explanations?
 
Could well have been some weird network issue where the name resolution wasn't working on your box that's why the file was there on your laptop but you couldn't get to it from the box.

Maybe the reflash released the DHCP lease of the box and when it renewed the lease it restored the ability to resolve to the files URL.

Could be a million things though just a guess.
 
Last edited:
It will be a file on the box somewhere that gets deleted during the reflash process.

Where would the lease file be on the box? If there is one.
 
A DHCP lease is given to the box from your router it has the details of the IP address, Gateway, DNS, Subnet that is assigned to the MAC address of the network card that is in your box the lease is assigned for a set amount of time then renewed.

The reflash could of forced a renewal of the lease from the router.
 
There must be a lease renewal function on the router. If it happens again. I will try to renew lease and see what happens.
 
Try checking later to see if the problem comes back because it always does with me... Ps. What version softcam u have installed mate

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Other option if it happens again would be to set a static address and DNS then you know it's right and rule it out as a cause of the issue.
 
Try checking later to see if the problem comes back because it always does with me... Ps. What version softcam u have installed mate

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Using MgCamd 1.35a pal
 
Why not use static settings on the box & see if that helps.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Device Setup -> Adapater settings -> Use DHCP = no.
 
Other option if it happens again would be to set a static address and DNS then you know it's right and rule it out as a cause of the issue.

You'd haw to explain that to me pal. Just looked at the DCHP table in router, says for the solo2 00:22:19.

Is that 22 hours?
 
Why not use static settings on the box & see if that helps.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Device Setup -> Adapater settings -> Use DHCP = no.

I dare not touch it at the min lol
 
I have a backup image now to my exact setup. If it happens again, all else fails, flash with it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top