Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] OPKG Update error when trying to install plugins

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martincape
  • Start date Start date
Yep. It's already happened :(

I've done nothing except watch TV

Sounds like network issues on your part so.

I dare not touch it at the min lol

I's start touching that...
Why not use static settings on the box & see if that helps.
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Device Setup -> Adapater settings -> Use DHCP = no.
Also, set your own DNS on the box, use 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 for googles DNS.
 
Hi guys. I'm not at a computer to check at the min. But I use Mr Mister's config file. What should it say in line 7?
 
Sounds like network issues on your part so.



I's start touching that...

Also, set your own DNS on the box, use 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 for googles DNS.

No change with those settings either pal.
 
That might be your problem then: there are more reports of your issue due to using MgCamd (or probably better: due to wrong settings of MgCamd).

But rob am using Ccam and still having the same problems

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Think it's just something I'm going to have to live without. Least image updates are regular so clear it every now and again. Plus don't need anymore plugins installed. Only picons that need updating. Can do that during the reflash of new image.

Annoying but that's the way it will have to be :(
 
Think it's just something I'm going to have to live without. Least image updates are regular so clear it every now and again. Plus don't need anymore plugins installed. Only picons that need updating. Can do that during the reflash of new image.

Annoying but that's the way it will have to be :(

Anyone else have any input on this error

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
I had the same problem, after I flashed it a couple of days later it would stop working. I worked out it was someone connecting to the box and either deleting wget and other files or moving them which was giving me the feeds maintenance error. Try reflashing the image and changing the root password. Also turn on authentication for openwebif as I caught someone going through my menus too. It's a virgin media connection so there's probably someone doing a port scan too see what's open.
 
I had the same problem, after I flashed it a couple of days later it would stop working. I worked out it was someone connecting to the box and either deleting wget and other files or moving them which was giving me the feeds maintenance error. Try reflashing the image and changing the root password. Also turn on authentication for openwebif as I caught someone going through my menus too. It's a virgin media connection so there's probably someone doing a port scan too see what's open.

That's interesting thank you for your input I will do the same and update soon

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
martin you say you have netplug/homeplug for router plugged in,is it in a single or double socket,if a double socket and something plugged into other socket it can screw things up,what about surge protection as you may have problem there.
on the other file you tried to load like an ipk file i have same issue on laptop wont load on box if using filezilla=errors,i use pc desktop to load it and works perfect loads the ipk to box.
 
martin you say you have netplug/homeplug for router plugged in,is it in a single or double socket,if a double socket and something plugged into other socket it can screw things up,what about surge protection as you may have problem there.
on the other file you tried to load like an ipk file i have same issue on laptop wont load on box if using filezilla=errors,i use pc desktop to load it and works perfect loads the ipk to box.

Alright pal, yea I've got home plug into a double socket. I turned it off while I was flashing. It was off for a while and it all still locked up. But yea it is also plugged into a surge protector extension lead. Do you suggest plugging straight into the wall? How would that screw this up pal?

I can only not install local extensions once this issue appears. Normally about an hour after a flash lol.
 
FTP to usr/bin/ and look for a file called wget if it's not there or named as -wget then your likely infected with the aidra virus.

if you dont see the wget file then it may be the case that it is infected by the virus. The only way to resolve this is a full fresh flash with nothing restored, then you must change any and all login details and passwords. you will also need to reset / reflash your router as the virus can take up residence there too.
 
Sounds like it.

I'm sorry pal, but I've only been using these types of box for 2 months. I would not have had any idea a virus could infect a satellite box, nevermind a network. I'd never even heard of a wget file until 20 minutes ago. We all have to start learning from somewhere.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top