Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] OPKG Update error when trying to install plugins

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martincape
  • Start date Start date
I was giving blood. They didn't put the needle in properly so blood wasn't flowing. So they wiggled the needle a bit and some came through. Not much though, so took needle out.

As soon as needle came out I passed out. Apparently I was out for 5 minutes and was shaking like a seizure. So rang for ambulance.

I was in hospital for most of night, never felt so ill in my life. Pins and needles everywhere, even my face, felt sick and chest tightening.

Eventually it all wore off. Feel miles better today, but got a big bruise on my arm where they were pissing about with needle!!!
 
Wow! pls get plenty of rest mate and when ur ready start on this box lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Lol. Had a larl look a few mins ago.

I put box into deep standby and switched off at back then unplugged lan cable. Then plugged back in and restarted box, creating a new connection. Still can't get it to download the plugins. Seems strange. All network tests come back fine.

I have 2 tests yet to perform:

Need to telnet a test ping to WOS and plug in a wireless dongle, just to see if a brand new connection will work.

I do need to reflash to 003 so I know that will sort it lol. But can't update so have to reflash.

If your on Virgin pal and I'm on BT, wonder if it's something with the routers they provide. Bet a Netgear or D-Link wouldn't have issues lol.
 
A reflash always works for me then 30mins or hour later stops working... always says background check in process

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Yea the reflash always works. So in my mind, the box is deleting and creating a new connection in the reflash.

I think, and Rob triggered this thought, mine stopped working after I restarted the router. Was fine till that point. Just seems strange eh
 
I haven't touched my router... maybe some plugin or port in router is blocking it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Seems strange it's fine initially. What plugins do you have installed other than on the image pal?

I have TSMedia, MgCamd, MediaPortal, ScreenGrabber and the Ocram Picons.
 
pingtest.webp

Heres the ping test, pinging fine, seemed to slow down at one point, rand for 200 sequences.
 
I jst use hbtv and abm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
 
Not that then pal. Ping test seemed to be fine, along with network test. Still can't download. Can't try the dongle method, need to download a driver from the plugin menu lol
 
Will your router allow you to put the box into a DMZ or something along those lines, and see if when all ports are fully open to it if it will work correctly then.

I can do that on my BT router not sure if you can on other ones could be the port forwarding or something is messing up when the packet size is bigger.

Just a thought.
 
Nice idea pal. Could you explain how to do that? Are you using a Home Hub?
 
Mines a BT Business hub but it could be potentially the same on a home hub if that is what you have.

On my hub I would:

1) Browse to router ip
2) Click settings and login
3) Click advanced settings
4) Click Port forwarding
5) Click DMZ and enable it
6) Pick your box from the drop down and press apply.

Hope this helps.
 
Also if you knew the ports that were being used you could hard set them to route directly to your box under port forwarding if they aren't standard :80 :21 etc

That would work in similar fashion.
 
Have you tried a hard router reboot where you disconnect the router for over 10mins so it fully disengages / resets the connection?

Also have you tried browsing to the full URL it is trying to download the ipk from on a PC in your network and see what happens then?
 
Havent tried either of those pal, do you know the full URL of one of the plugins? See if I can access it on laptop?
 
The full URL to the ipk is in the screen shot that was posted.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top