Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

OScam cardreader stopped to work after flashing to built 153

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ezee
  • Start date Start date
E

Ezee

Guest
Removing CCcam

I would like to remove CCcam because of possible conflicting with OScam. I cannot use CCcam because it is not able to read caid-096 cards.
How to remove? because it does not appear in the REMOVE list of the APP menu....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you stop it and disable auto start it will not give you any issues, if you are experiencing any than its not due to CCcam being present. I have three versions of Oscam install as well as CCcam 2.2.1 and 2.3.0 and not had any problems whatsoever.
 
I found the mistake on OScam: it was for unclear reason ignoring the correct card frequently, I reset it trough the webIF of OScam and it start to work normally...

Why was chosen to embed CCcam in built 153 and not make it removable like any different plugin..?..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I found the mistake on OScam: it was for unclear reason ignoring the correct card frequently, I reset it trough the webIF of OScam and it start to work normally...

Why was chosen to embed CCcam in built 153 and not make it removable like any different plugin..?..

I'm not really sure what you mean but no softcams are embedded into the ViX images, they all have to be installed manually, unless you make a either a image backup or settings backup with those cams already installed by your self, then they will be installed upon you using those backups, but not from a fresh image without backups etc.
 
After I flashed built 153 it came with CCcam pre-installed. But uninstall it from the application menu is not possible, why not?
 
vix does not come with any softcams installed at all, we don't even carry softcams on our server to download so i'm rather puzzled as to how that got on there.
 
After I flashed built 153 it came with CCcam pre-installed. But uninstall it from the application menu is not possible, why not?
You sure you didnt do a restore from back up system settings :)
 
Done three image flashs on 3 different boxes and can assure you no softcam are in the image - only way it would be there is via a backup settings restore.
 
nope...did not execute any restore action I just confirmed the settings restore that was requested after the flash which returned me the channel list and skin. But CCcam was before not installed on my system at all.But now I am having that listed in the softcam manager list and no way to get it out.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It backs it up by default, you don't need to specify it. As I said done three boxes and its not in the build.
 
Ok so we concluded that we are not sure where it came from but now I want to loose it, how?
 
We are sure it did NOT come in the image or via any update - that is 100% certain.

As for deleting it if you know the name by which it was installed you can do a OPKG remove or just delete via FTP from USR/Softcam
 
I dont suppose your using a patched image with softcams and everything else you get in a patched image.. ??
 
I dont suppose your using a patched image with softcams and everything else you get in a patched image.. ??

I don't know what you mean by a patched image but I used the original file with the latest image from this forum to flash the box.

I had CCcam installed few months ago but after I concluded it was not able to read my card I removed it in the application menu. So how it found it's way back I don't understand. That is why I presumed it was coming with the new image as I was also not able to see it in the application menu.

I removed it by FTP and that seems to have done the trick...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top