Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno4K] Oscam for VU+ Uno 4k

  • Thread starter Thread starter Retreat
  • Start date Start date
R

Retreat

Guest
Hi. I received my new VU+ Uno 4K yesterday. I am trying to set-up the Oscam but with a lot of scouring various forums I have been unable to get it going. Maybe I have installed the incorrect version of the softcam (I tried 3 different ones all downloaded from the openvix website). Can anyone advise which is the correct version I should use for this image? Many thanks
 
You need to ensure you install the one for the ARM CPUs. All the ones on the openvix website are for Mips won't work.

Install the one from the plugin server of the receiver. Do not select the pcscd version unless you have a separate and external card reader.
 
Many thanks. I have done just that and it's now up and running. However the subscription channels are freezing about every 10 seconds. Any ideas? It was working perfectly on my old Technomate Twin.
 
Hi Retreat Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. What version Oscam are you using please - I've had exactly same problem? Is the Oscam as they say "very stable" over others and did you have to do much in the way of altering anything to get it working properly please? Don't get yourself into trouble/shot down with too much technical detail though!!! Thinking of selling mine as I think it's a load of cr4p at the moment and gone back to my Solo2 as mine is so unstable. Very many thanks
 
Hi Retreat Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. What version Oscam are you using please - I've had exactly same problem? Is the Oscam as they say "very stable" over others and did you have to do much in the way of altering anything to get it working properly please? Don't get yourself into trouble/shot down with too much technical detail though!!! Thinking of selling mine as I think it's a load of cr4p at the moment and gone back to my Solo2 as mine is so unstable. Very many thanks

It's not crap at all, clearly user setup error and lack of Oscam knowledge. Do yourself a favour, look at bassethound's thread and take a breather and most of all enjoy chrimbo. [emoji1392]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
We join this forum to learn but is seems the teachers are not willing to teach us Oscam. I can see my grandson coming home from school saying he hasn't learnt anything today because his teacher told him to GOOGLE it. lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Look at Post #6 and click on the link Bassethound has provided and you can't go wrong.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
if every one is stuck using oscam ask your server for help :thumbsup:you wont get any more help than what i have already posted.
 
VU+ Uno 4k Oscam setup guide

Hi, I have just also updated from VU Sole SE to Uno 4K,( Vix image) I had no problem with CCcam in the past but I spent all night trying to set up Oscam. I downloaded from the box plugins the Oscam but would someone kindly tell me what files should be in the Tuxedo folder and which do I edit with my info. Regards
 
oscam.user
oscam.conf
oscam.server

I believe, I,m sure someone will correct if wrong.
 
Download latest oscam from Vix feeds then add

oscam.user
oscam.conf
oscam.server


the files to /etc/tuxbox/config and restart oscam
 
Last edited:
Thanks' for the quick reply, last question, do I edit one of the files or do i enter it manually in the setup?
Regards
 

Attachments

Last edited:
In general OSCAM is great, actively developed, reasonably stable, open source and has everything going for it. The problem it has is it's not as 'idiot proof' as MGCamd was. The issue I personally found when I got my S4K was that OSCAM configs on other forums weren't provided by people who had the same requirements as me, and a lot were bolted together with obviously borrowed sections that had no relevance to what the person posting them was using them for either, the result was some sort of Frankenstein Config. Then Andy (i'm sure he wasn't telling me to go elsewhere really) suggested pulling virgin configs from BH. I figured I had nothing to loose so I did, after reading the wiki page (honestly, do it) and a few very minor tweaks for my usage it's now been stable for months.
 
Hi I copied the files you provided and am getting a no webif in oscam.conf error,what am I missing. Regards
 
I only provided the very basics to get you going i cant do everything for you some reading from the web will be needed by you so you can get the most from Oscam :thumbsup:

PHP:
http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/en
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top