Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] oscam will not start on Zeus

  • Thread starter Thread starter avinitski
  • Start date Start date
A

avinitski

Guest
I cannot get oscam to start.

Versions I have tried are >
enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam_1.20.r9059_mipsel.ipk
enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam_1.20.r8625_mipsel.ipk

I have checked file permissions once the ipk is installed and 'oscam' file is set to 755.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Hi,
can you enable debug log, restart gui and attach debug log? I am using oscam only and it works.

ciao
 
I had a similar issue on my VU+ Duo: Oscam would not start when I upgraded ViX from 808 to Zeus.

I downloaded version 9566 from
Code:
http://download.oscam.cc/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=1.20_TRUNK/mips-tuxbox-oe2.0
(the "webif-Distribution" file).
I ftp'd this to "/usr/softcams", set chmod to 755 and this version runs for me (no modification of config fields required).

Don't know why this version works but the previous version I had been using (9063) refuses to start, but I have Oscam back!

Hope this may help
 
thanks for people that have replied.

I got the below file and it works now.....shame the transcoding is broke though! :( after all the effort i'll have to roll back to a build where transcoding isn't broke.

oscam started using > enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam-9566-cccam-2.3.0_openvix_all.ipk
 
Lots of people talking about transcoding can someone tell me what this is or does
 
Converts \ encodes the video\audio so can be streamed over web or internally to PC, laptops, mobile devices etc
 
Converts \ encodes the video\audio so can be streamed over web or internally to PC, laptops, mobile devices etc

yes and no, you could already stream to a internal or external network, but it was very heavy on network resorces especially on mobile devicesto external networkd. Transcoding basically takes the stream be it live or recorded and on the fly re-encodes it to a lower bit rate, so i wont take up as much bandwidth when being streamed to mobile devices.
 
must be some difference.

As rob said transcoding is working just fine in ViX Zeus, so the issue lies with your setup somewhere. if you make a new thread we may be able to help and see where your going wrong.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top