Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Overnight crashes

bwj

New member
Joined
Sep 28, 2013
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Points
0
How do I set about troubleshooting what causes Vix to crash overnight every night on my Vu+ Solo2 (can only fix with a power reset - going to be on holiday soon and obviously won't be able to do this remotely)?

I've disabled plugins and disabled all CrossEPG updates. I don't have any other form of overnight updates apart from auto software updates.

Thanks for any help
 
Upload one of the crashlogs, found in /home/root/logs/ by default.
 
Theres no such thing as auto software updates in ViX, never has been and never will be. The only automated parts of the image are ABM for bouquet creation and CrossEPG for the EPG.
 
I meant automated checking for software update availability.

I have no logs in that folder. However I didn't get any crash last night with CrossEPG disabled, so maybe that is the likely culprit. Will a log be necessarily be generated when the system just stops working and I have to do a hard reset? Will keep an eye on it.

With CrossEPG I have had only one provider set to update overnight (Rytec France).
 
Last edited:
Might be worth deleting your EPG data and re-creating it.
Also worth turning on debug log then having this available next time it locks up in addition to the crash log.
 
Hi,
do yoi have hdd and/or flash drive connected to the box? If yes the log directory should be on hdd or flash drive.

ciao
 
On my gigablue hd800se. I had this happen too. But it also crashed when I did a manual download of the EPG data.

My symptoms were. Manual update of EPG data - Crash
Auto update of EPG data - Crash

When I added a swap file. No more crashes.
 
same here for the last week, solo 2 unable to start (stuck on ABM update requires power switch at back to reboot)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top