Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] password

  • Thread starter Thread starter Richy-G
  • Start date Start date
R

Richy-G

Guest
I have just updated to latest duo version and I am trying to ftp to the box but can't, I know the default password is blank and the username is root but it won't accept that I haven't changed it so I'm a bit confused.

when I telnet to box it won't take my old password or blank
 
telnet .. do this

login root

password type passwd ( not password )

change password to what you want, repeat when prompted , then you should be sorted
 
are you sure the unit is network connected?

ie, can it download or get down load options from new plugins?
 
are you using VIX or another iamage?
 
Hi,
do you use putty? If yes then I think the default is ssh and this needs a password. Before connecting set it to telnet.

Ciao

gesendet von meiner Tablette
 
I don't use putty, I changed my router not long ago IP has changed but I can connect to the box via cmd telnet prompt , I tried to change the password by typing root then hitting return as it used to be blank for the password then changing the password by using passwd but I cant get in for some reason
 
after root....type passwd then hit return
 
I have m8

Login: root passwd
Password:
Login incorrect. Try again.
Login:

have also tried

Login: root
Password:
Login incorrect. Try again.
Login:
 
no

login: root
password: passwd
 
as in, you typed root

pressed ok, then passwd pressed ok ?
 
yeh m8, I've been changed the password this way many times before so Im really not sure why I cant get in this time
 
yes...its got me as well,...
 
try the password changing application thats in the Feeds. I cant remember the name of it but it's in the system plugins section of the feeds.
 
try the password changing application thats in the Feeds. I cant remember the name of it but it's in the system plugins section of the feeds.

I have tried that also with no luck I tried setting a new password which also failed
 
think it might be an idea to reimage the unit, as I cant think of any other solution

but if you do, try down loading a new copy, as the one you used, might be corrupt
 
yeh think its gonna have to be that way, I'm using a standard sky dish at mo as I've recently moved house. I am getting my motorised dish installed tomorrow I will do a complete reimage tomorrow hopefully that should sort it, thanks for your help
 
Edit: just saw there was a second page ignore me
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top