Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Pausing a movie from network share looses position (after screen saver kicks in)

I sometimes have the same issue. What I do is before I pause I press OK to see how far I am into the playback, then if it does not resume playback, I restart it, long press >> and enter time in and press OK. Not a solution...... just a way of round the problem.
 
what would be the best way to try and record this - do debug logs capture the file interactions?
 
Using Big Buck Bunny -freely distributable file - so I can share a video for others to recreate the issue, the log shows a play, pause, play then no restarting of video after pause:

Code:
KEY: 164 PAUSE
<130142.175281> [eServiceMP3] state transition PLAYING -> PAUSED
<130142.176919> [eServiceMP3] async-done - 1 video, 2 audio, 0 subtitle
<130142.178480> [eServiceMP3] AUDIO STRUCT=audio/mpeg
<130142.179964> [eServiceMP3] audio stream=0 codec=MPEG-4 AAC audio language=en
<130142.181600> [eServiceMP3] AUDIO STRUCT=audio/mpeg
<130142.183209> [eServiceMP3] audio stream=1 codec=MPEG-4 AAC audio language=en
KEY: 164 PAUSE
action ->  InfobarSeekActions playpauseService
<130184.037385> [eServiceMP3] state transition PAUSED -> PLAYING
KEY: 164 PAUSE
KEY: 164 PAUSE
action ->  InfobarSeekActions playpauseService
<130185.464059> [eServiceMP3] state transition PLAYING -> PAUSED
<130185.475209> [eServiceMP3] async-done - 1 video, 2 audio, 0 subtitle
<130185.477311> [eServiceMP3] AUDIO STRUCT=audio/mpeg
<130185.480801> [eServiceMP3] audio stream=0 codec=MPEG-4 AAC audio language=en
<130185.482533> [eServiceMP3] AUDIO STRUCT=audio/mpeg
<130185.484188> [eServiceMP3] audio stream=1 codec=MPEG-4 AAC audio language=en
KEY: 164 PAUSE
KEY: 164 PAUSE
action ->  InfobarSeekActions playpauseService
<130187.001487> [eServiceMP3] state transition PAUSED -> PLAYING
KEY: 164 PAUSE
KEY: 164 PAUSE
action ->  InfobarSeekActions playpauseService
KEY: 164 PAUSE
KEY: 164 PAUSE
action ->  InfobarSeekActions playpauseService
KEY: 164 PAUSE
KEY: 164 PAUSE
action ->  InfobarSeekActions playpauseService
KEY: 164 PAUSE
KEY: 164 PAUSE
action ->  InfobarSeekActions playpauseService
KEY: 164 PAUSE
 
This one -
Code:
http://download.blender.org/peach/bigbuckbunny_movies/big_buck_bunny_1080p_h264.mov
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't reproduce it. I've stopped, paused short and long over and over again: no issues at all.
The only thing I can think of, is that your network connection isn't stable. When the connection gets lost, even for a very short period, this is exactly what will happen.
To be sure of that you could play the file from an internal HDD; when it works fine then, it is indeed a network issue.
 
copying to internal has the same effect - have you tried pausing a few times in a few seconds? that is the quickest way for me to recreate.
 
No problem at all.
However: there is a cosmetic issue. When paused, the progress bar shows as if the movie is at the beginning (elapsed time = 0). But unpausing resumes from last seen position without any problem.
 
it get the elapsed time = 0 issue also but here is a video of what is happening:

https://youtu.be/vUJbWtLsX6E

if you are not having issue this may point to a conflict in my settings? are you using a duo2 also?
 
I think there's more to it: I tried to play the same file on my other boxes, and only the Xtrend ET8000 was able to play it at all. So I think this is a not well formatted (coded) file, as normally h264 files should give no issues at all.
 
I can re-encode it under handbrake but the file looks correct to me, even my TV (which is very old and picky) plays it.


Code:
+ EBML head
|+ EBML version: 1
|+ EBML read version: 1
|+ EBML maximum ID length: 4
|+ EBML maximum size length: 8
|+ Doc type: matroska
|+ Doc type version: 4
|+ Doc type read version: 2
+ Segment, size 724909267
|+ Seek head
| + Seek entry
|  + Seek ID: 0x15 0x49 0xa9 0x66 (KaxInfo)
|  + Seek position: 4099
| + Seek entry
|  + Seek ID: 0x16 0x54 0xae 0x6b (KaxTracks)
|  + Seek position: 4232
| + Seek entry
|  + Seek ID: 0x1c 0x53 0xbb 0x6b (KaxCues)
|  + Seek position: 724895965
| + Seek entry
|  + Seek ID: 0x12 0x54 0xc3 0x67 (KaxTags)
|  + Seek position: 724908429
|+ EbmlVoid (size: 4027)
|+ Segment information
| + Timecode scale: 1000000
| + Muxing application: libebml v1.3.1 + libmatroska v1.4.2
| + Writing application: mkvmerge v8.3.0 ('Over the Horizon') 64bit
| + Duration: 596.480s (00:09:56.480)
| + Date: Fri Sep 25 13:36:01 2015 UTC
| + Segment UID: 0x97 0xbc 0x76 0x2a 0x7d 0x45 0x21 0x90 0xbc 0xa6 0x8b 0x8f 0x65 0x2e 0x0d 0x63
|+ Segment tracks
| + A track
|  + Track number: 1 (track ID for mkvmerge & mkvextract: 0)
|  + Track UID: 13599480190422714501
|  + Track type: video
|  + Lacing flag: 0
|  + MinCache: 1
|  + Codec ID: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
|  + CodecPrivate, length 37 (h.264 profile: Main @L4.1)
|  + Default duration: 41.667ms (24.000 frames/fields per second for a video track)
|  + Language: und
|  + Video track
|   + Pixel width: 1920
|   + Pixel height: 1080
|   + Display width: 1920
|   + Display height: 1080
| + A track
|  + Track number: 2 (track ID for mkvmerge & mkvextract: 1)
|  + Track UID: 2708366075052864174
|  + Track type: audio
|  + Codec ID: A_AAC
|  + CodecPrivate, length 2
|  + Default duration: 21.333ms (46.875 frames/fields per second for a video track)
|  + Language: und
|  + Audio track
|   + Sampling frequency: 48000
|   + Channels: 6
|+ EbmlVoid (size: 1093)
|+ Cluster
 
have you got an example of a file which has been properly encoded? just so I can test?
 
I think this maybe audio related - if i remove the audio track, not only does the pause problem stop for me but the playbar keeps the correct time (i.e. doesn't show 0 when paused)

I also used http://jell.yfish.us/ for test files as they have no audio and i have the same result
 
Upgraded to 3.2.007 (couch flash) and I can no longer replicate the issue (which also lends weight to the video files I was using as being correctly formatted) - the play bar issue going to 0:00 on pause is still there for files with audio however

there was a change to gstreamer I believe in this release which may have solved the issue:

Code:
openvix: build 007
[dvbmediasink] sh4 fix gst 1.x support stop playback issue thx max for the patch info
 
This issue was also in 3.2 007 but I upgraded to 3.2 035 and everything is fixed! all files now pause and resume plus the position is now correct!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top