Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Zgemma H7] PiP mode menus

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrokenUnusableAccount
  • Start date Start date
B

BrokenUnusableAccount

Guest
If I'm in PiP mode (with one channel displaying full screen and other in a PiP window) then when I press [BLUE] I should see a menu with PiP options such as 'disable PiP', 'Swap PiP services', 'Move PiP window' and 'Change Zap focus to PiP' (may not be exactly correct names), and this normally works.

However if I press [EPG] to go into the EPG and the [EXIT] it removes that menu so that even though PiP is still active the only PiP related function available when I press [BLUE] is 'Enable PiP'.

This is wrong.
It's as if the menu system has forgotten that PiP is enabled but actually it is still enabled and working.
 
This is exactly what happens on my Vu+ solo2. Always been this way regardless of openvix version.
 
The EPG screens do horrible things with the PiP state so this is very unsurprising. It's a very good example of how Python's idea that programmers will behave themselves and not touch internals of objects from outside those objects fundamentally ignores psychology. 10 "quick fixes" later nobody can understand what the code does.
 
As it turns out I've a fix for the worst excesses for this. It may still do slightly odd things in a few scenarios with PIP preview mode enabled on the Grid Infobar EPG, but at least the main EPGs won't muck up the PIP state.
 
Um, must try this on latest build, as with giga4k (where you can have a wall ofpips where each pip is a service) it used to work fine
 
Seems to be fixed (or maybe just mostly fixed) in 5.4.008.

Thank you @simonc
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top