Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo SE] Playback of stored video encoded in h264 avc3 black screen only

kalel-2

New member
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Points
1
I have a number of videos stored.
The videos are encoded in h264 avc3.
At playback of those videos I get a black screen only, audio is OK.

I don't know if this is something new in 6.2 or not.

After reencoding to h264 avc1 videos are playable. Reencoding do take a good deal of time.

Is it possible to find a codec that decodes h264 avc3?

Apart from this small bug/feature, I must send best honours to the VIX team for it's great firmware for my VU+ box.

Greetings from Sweden.
 
It is not like Windows where you can simply install a new codec. The driver of the producer AND more important the SOC mus support it because decoding is done in hardware not software. For software decoding all STBs are to slow.

Ralf
 
Thanks for the reply.
Good to know why it's not working.
/Kalel
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top