Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

'Plugins' vanishes from Main Menu

  • Thread starter Thread starter leecovuk
  • Start date Start date
L

leecovuk

Guest
I don't know why I'm noticing this now rather than, say, a week ago. Anyway, 'Plugins' seems to vanish from the Main Menu then return. I haven't yet worked out what makes it go or come back.

I've tried flashing with either the USB or nfi versons of ViX 1.3
It seems to happen regardless of whether or not I have updated the image via Software Management.

Confused!

Thanks for any wisdom,
Lee
UK
 
do you mean the plugins download section
Hello Silverfox,

I mean the actual 'Plugins' option in the UI's 'Main Menu'.
I was wondering if the problem is skin specific, but I haven't yet managed to conclude so.
 
I think I've just pinpointed the cause;

I had gone into 'Customise' and selected 'Setup Mode' of 'Simple'. I then pressed 'ok'.
Doing that seems to remove the Plugins option from Main Menu.

Going back into Customise and selecting 'Expert' then pressing 'ok' makes Plugins return to Main Menu.

Presumably changing the Setup Mode in Customise shouldn't actually remove Plugins from Main Menu?
I wonder if it is also making other options or functions disappear or not work.
 
I think I've just pinpointed the cause;

I had gone into 'Customise' and selected 'Setup Mode' of 'Simple'. I then pressed 'ok'.
Doing that seems to remove the Plugins option from Main Menu.

Going back into Customise and selecting 'Expert' then pressing 'ok' makes Plugins return to Main Menu.

Presumably changing the Setup Mode in Customise shouldn't actually remove Plugins from Main Menu?
I wonder if it is also making other options or functions disappear or not work.

that is correct, it control the menus based on setting. setting it to Simple or Intermediate, will certain menu options
 
that is correct, it control the menus based on setting. setting it to Simple or Intermediate, will certain menu options
ok, I didn't know that. In which case, I don't think it's clear how the Setup Mode works in Customise. Is this documented anywhere for any suppliers' images? I haven't yet found it, but then hardly anything is documented anywhere.

From the first day of operating the Duo, I was under the impression that changing the Setup Mode merely hid or revealed various settings. I didn't think for a moment that there would be any further consequences.

Lee
UK
 
ok, I didn't know that. In which case, I don't think it's clear how the Setup Mode works in Customise. Is this documented anywhere for any suppliers' images? I haven't yet found it, but then hardly anything is documented anywhere.

From the first day of operating the Duo, I was under the impression that changing the Setup Mode merely hid or revealed various settings. I didn't think for a moment that there would be any further consequences.

Lee
UK

you misunderstood me, it only affects menus, nothing else
 
you misunderstood me, it only affects menus, nothing else
ok;
Still, I never expected the Setup Mode setting to do anything other than hide or reveal settings in Customise. Is that just me? I doubt it, but don't know.

Lee
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top