Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Problem with downloading skins through the feed

  • Thread starter Thread starter galnastavalla
  • Start date Start date
G

galnastavalla

Guest
Hi all!

Hope I don't doublepost this question, is it just my box, or does anybody else have a problem with downloading skins?
When i mark a skin to be downloaded through "the feed" it starts the download/install process but when done, it says that it didn't install any components.
It's the same problem with every skin I try to download!
I can install any other addon, settings, softwares, whatever, just NOT the skins...
Typically because I just want the f-ing skins! XD

Installed the Vix 2.3 today and it has the latest upgrades through the in-built upgrader.

Please help me, I really want another skin as I don't like the one that came with the new version.

Regards, Victor

Ps. I'm on the VU+ Duo
 
Updated the box today, 97 files..
Still can't get the skins downloaded :(..
 
i downloaded and tested all skins in the feeds no more than a week ago and they all worked for me. so i'm not sure whats wrong on your end.#
 
After downloading the skins are you going into MENU>SETUP>Skins to see if there in there?

I downloaded over a dozen for testing and all worked fine.

Which skins are you downloading?
 
Thx for the replies!

I have tried downloading every skin avaible!
And yes, I went to menu->setup->skins, but they are not there!
The globe next to the skins in the feed are grey no matter what, it should be green if everything is correct, right?
I'm very confused!
Is there some folder or preferences I should try remove??

//Victor
 
Are you downloading them from plugins feed.ie long press blue,then green then select skins then pick skin.


It sounds like you are in packet manager menu as there is no globe in plugins menu but there is in packet manager menu. Follow the guidline above and you should then find them in setup>sytem>skin setup

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
 
Are you downloading them from plugins feed.ie long press blue,then green then select skins then pick skin.


It sounds like you are in packet manager menu as there is no globe in plugins menu but there is in packet manager menu. Follow the guidline above and you should then find them in setup>sytem>skin setup

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Tried your way, and when i press green it says "no plugins to download" or something like that.. WTF is wrong??

Thx all for the help!
 
It says: No new plugins found.
I have the tunisiasat addons manager 3 installed, but from there i get an "couldn't lock" -error. when trying to download something.
I'm starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my Vix image??
Is there someway to backup the channels before a factory reset?
I know i can backup every setting, but i'm afraid that the error still gonna be there if I do?
I hate doing the channelsearch, it takes forever!




EDIT: I figured out the problem myself! I deleted the "lock"-file (root/usr/lib/opkg/) and now everything works =)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot to mention you deleted a lib file earlier lol :-) glad to see you sorted now though

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
 
You forgot to mention you deleted a lib file earlier lol :-) glad to see you sorted now though

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Huh? Deleted a lib-file? Haven't deleted anything besides that lock-file :S?
 
Im on vix 2.2 but i dont get vix night skin in the download section of plugin feeds. Will i only get the latest skin if i update to 2.3?
 
Im on vix 2.2 but i dont get vix night skin in the download section of plugin feeds. Will i only get the latest skin if i update to 2.3?

2.2 is no longer maintained nor updated so features that are available in 2.3 such as the ViX Night HD skin will not be available in 2.2.
 
Can i use the for example vti image 4.0 and the. Download vix image night skin seperately to use on the VTI image?
 
no the ViX skins are only available on ViX images they have not been ported to any other image. also the Night skin was only developed and released for the 2.3 image so it's not available for older images.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top