Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] problem with DVB-T tuner

GiP

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
309
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
Firenze, Italy
Hi,

I think there is a problem with my Dual DVB-T tuner. The cable from the antenna goes directly into the Duo2 and everything seems to work, the cable from the RF-OUT goes into the TV and for some reasons it doesn't work for some frequencies; I have some of the channels but very few of them (about 25 instead of the usual 200 and some). I tried changing the cable but the result is the same. I am not sure when this happened as I rarely use the TV without the Duo2 but I recently upgraded tp 5.3, is it possible this is the cause? Otherwise is there something I can do to fix this...

G
 
Easiest way to check software is to use other software. One of the things we have changed on the tuners aspect is allowing hybrid tuners to be used in both C and T modes (only one at a time). Provided you can get a combiner for them.

Checking hardware involves spending money.
 
Easiest way to check software is to use other software. One of the things we have changed on the tuners aspect is allowing hybrid tuners to be used in both C and T modes (only one at a time). Provided you can get a combiner for them.

Checking hardware involves spending money.


Maybe, I'll try reloading my old 5.2...
Does this change you mention include some change in the tuner configuration? I don't have cable so I only need T/T2.

G
 
As far as I am aware, the vu tuners are hybrid tuner. You choose what mode they work in.
 
A hybrid tuner can be used for Terrestrial or Cable.

If you physically attach an aerial signal wire to the "RF in" port of tuner card, you must do following in tuner configuration: Enable DVB-/T2, set country, if necessary, set Mast.

If you physically attach a Virgin/Cable signal wire to the "RF in" port of tuner card, you must do following in tuner configuration: Enable DVB-C, set country, select provider.

If you physically combine aerial/virgin signal wires using the specific combiners, you enable both DVB T/T2 and DVB-C in tuner configuration and set country and mast/provider.

If a tuner card has nothing physically attached to the "RF in" port of the tuner card, in tuner configuration, you disable everything for that tuner.

Hope that helps.
 
OK, thanks.

I think I have everything set up for T2 but I'll check when I am home.

G
 
One of the things we have changed on the tuners aspect is allowing hybrid tuners to be used in both C and T modes (only one at a time). Provided you can get a combiner for them.
??? The reason for this change is because some cable providers transmit their cable signals over the cable network in DVB-T not DVB-C.
 
Last edited:
Hi,

I started having more problems with the Tuner: the Audio track on some channel was just noise. I thought that the tuner was busted, then a couple of days later, all of a sudden everything went back to normal.
I have no idea what happened, maybe a reboot or an update, but now all the channels work perfectly both on the Vu+ and on the TV.
Mybe there are some hardware problems, I'll keep an eye on it, but everything works now!.

Thanks,

G
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top