Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Problem with Sat twin tuner.

sandiego69

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Bought a new Duo2 from our sponsor a month ago but recently a problem has arisen with the hybrid twin sat tuner. I cannot get a signal on tuner B. I have tried various Images and also swapped over the two cables from the Twin Inverto LNB.
I get a signal from tuner A each time but nothing on tuner B. The strange thing is that I have not changed any of my Tuner settings but as an experiment altered the 'second cable from motorised' to 'equal to'. This does give me a tuner B signal but surely this is the wrong setting. I have used the 'second cable' setting for years with no problem.

I have done all the usual checks on cables, connectors etc. to no avail. Does this point to a faulty tuner?
 
Yes Motorised with twin output. As I said I swapped over the cables and still only tuner 'A' works.
 
Move your dish to 28.2.

Mark cables as Cable 1 and Cable 2. Double check f-plug are fitted fine.

Test 1.
Disable Tuner B
Set tuner A as simple, single, 28.2.
Use Cable 1

Is eveything fine?

Test 2.
Disable Tuner B
Set tuner A as simple, single, 28.2.
Use Cable 2

Is eveything fine?

Test 3.
Disable Tuner A
Set tuner B as simple, single, 28.2.
Use Cable 1

Is eveything fine?

Test 4.
Disable Tuner A
Set tuner B as simple, single, 28.2.
Use Cable 2

Is eveything fine?
 
Thank you Abu.

This complete test proved that Tuner 'B' is faulty. The only thing I do not understand completely is that by setting 'B' as 'equal to' (which is the wrong setting) the signal meter works. When set as 'second cable etc.' in doesn't even show 'B' as being available. Strange!
 
I was hoping for four results. Your retailer will probably get a better understanding of issue too.

equal means same.
So if you set tuner A = motorised.
If you set Tuner B = equal to tuner A, that would mean Tuner B is also motorised.

Second cable of motorised is not in control of anything, it is a slave to the tuner you have set it to second of. So possibly why you are not allowed to use the satfinder. Pure speculation.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top