P
polomora
Guest
Hello,
My Lacie D2-NAS drive has an expansion USB slot to allow the total capacity of the drive to be increased.
When I attach a USB memory stick, ext3 formatted, the USB stick appears as "NONAME (usb)" in the list of shares, when displayed with the NAS drive's web configuration page, with Public access rights (according to the documentation it isn't possible to restrict the access rightts of the mounted USB drive).
This share is also visible on the VU+ using Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Network Browser. When I try to mount this share it appears in the list of mounted shares, with status Active, but Unmounted (an X is displayed in the mount icon). I'm able to mount other shares on the same NAS drive without any problem.
When I log onto the box using telnet, the NONAME (usb) share is not displayed when I execute the mount command.
Can the space and open/close brackets in the share name be the reason? According to the Lacie-D2 documentation, the share name can't be changed. I looked for the log file at /var/log/messages, but there was no problem logged. I am able to access the USB share from windows machines, without needing to enter a username or password.
Can anyone help?
My Lacie D2-NAS drive has an expansion USB slot to allow the total capacity of the drive to be increased.
When I attach a USB memory stick, ext3 formatted, the USB stick appears as "NONAME (usb)" in the list of shares, when displayed with the NAS drive's web configuration page, with Public access rights (according to the documentation it isn't possible to restrict the access rightts of the mounted USB drive).
This share is also visible on the VU+ using Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Network Browser. When I try to mount this share it appears in the list of mounted shares, with status Active, but Unmounted (an X is displayed in the mount icon). I'm able to mount other shares on the same NAS drive without any problem.
When I log onto the box using telnet, the NONAME (usb) share is not displayed when I execute the mount command.
Can the space and open/close brackets in the share name be the reason? According to the Lacie-D2 documentation, the share name can't be changed. I looked for the log file at /var/log/messages, but there was no problem logged. I am able to access the USB share from windows machines, without needing to enter a username or password.
Can anyone help?