B
BRAVEHEART
Guest
Yes its me again I am sorry to say, lol.
But since installing ViX-2.3.204 there seems to have been a few problems I have noticed that defo didnt happen when I used the old image, so I have no Idea if its image related or settings not being correct on ViX-2.3.204, I dont know, not arguing the point, only stating the problems today I have not been able to sort where as before this everything worked fine.
Ok,
1. normally I was always able to watch my vu+duo on my other hardwired networked computer in the house and now I cant.
Its was always a simply case of having VLC player and firefox installed and then I simply typed in the box ip into the firefox address bar and then the normal vu console page thing would pop up automatically using VLC and I could then choose what channel I wanted to watch etc etc etc, simple as that.
Now it just wont happen, I try and do what I have said above and it wont connect to the box at all, just says something like the page you requested cannot be shown etc.
So I double checked with dreambox control centre that it was all connecting properly and it is, and the ip for the box is the same as the one it shows in DCC too, so that cant be the problem.
I could be well wrong, but is it a problem with the default settings in the ViX-2.3.204 image that need me to adjust them ?
p.s, also tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox and vlc and the plugin too and it didnt help.
Is this a problem that I can fix ?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. Ok, moving to the tv and the box now (not the networked pc/monitor) I recorded a programme onto the hard drive in the vu duo last night and then tried to watch it, I couldnt see or find the option that I am almost 99.9% sure was always there for "media player" using the tv and the box remote control, wheres it went ? (the media player option I mean*).
After searching for a while using the box remote control I found the recorded file and was able to watch it, but it was an awfull long way round from having the simple media player option that used to be there with older image.
Is there a fix for this ?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. Once I started to watch the programme I recorded earlier (that I eventually found), it would be perfect for maybe a while and then start to get very very very stuttery and jerky and then sometimes just freeze completely, only fix I could find at the time was to go back to the start of the recording and play from start and skip forward to where I left off and then it was good again for another while and then after that same issue again, in the end I just ended up deleting the programme and didnt bother with all the hassle.
Is this normal ? is there a fix ?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Other thing I defo have noticed sometimes, I say "sometimes" as its not all the time, is that when changing from one channel in a bouquet to another channel in another bouquet is (using the remote control), is that the channel takes ages to change, maybe approx 10 seconds etc, even while the channel is waiting to change the VIX logo appears up on the left top corner of the screen until the channel eventually changes, and theres a noise from the box, as I am very familiar with hard drives etc It actually sounds like for a second as if the hard drive is trying to work when it shouldnt be, but I could be wrong, it could be another noise, sounds a bit like what I said though to me.
Is this common problems, is there a fix for this ?
_______________________________________________________________________
5. last but not least, can someone please tell here rather than starting yet another thread.
If I was to do a channel scan and select the option to "yes" clear all before I done a fresh scan, would that also remove all my channels I have already in my customised bouquets or does it just clear them from the "ALL" channel list, I didnt want to attempt this until I found out for sure.
________________________________________________________________________________
I hope some of you guys still have the patience to try and help with these questions, one of you did post in one of my other threads that I should give as much detail as possible, so I have hopefully done that here
Thanks if you can help
But since installing ViX-2.3.204 there seems to have been a few problems I have noticed that defo didnt happen when I used the old image, so I have no Idea if its image related or settings not being correct on ViX-2.3.204, I dont know, not arguing the point, only stating the problems today I have not been able to sort where as before this everything worked fine.
Ok,
1. normally I was always able to watch my vu+duo on my other hardwired networked computer in the house and now I cant.
Its was always a simply case of having VLC player and firefox installed and then I simply typed in the box ip into the firefox address bar and then the normal vu console page thing would pop up automatically using VLC and I could then choose what channel I wanted to watch etc etc etc, simple as that.
Now it just wont happen, I try and do what I have said above and it wont connect to the box at all, just says something like the page you requested cannot be shown etc.
So I double checked with dreambox control centre that it was all connecting properly and it is, and the ip for the box is the same as the one it shows in DCC too, so that cant be the problem.
I could be well wrong, but is it a problem with the default settings in the ViX-2.3.204 image that need me to adjust them ?
p.s, also tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox and vlc and the plugin too and it didnt help.
Is this a problem that I can fix ?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. Ok, moving to the tv and the box now (not the networked pc/monitor) I recorded a programme onto the hard drive in the vu duo last night and then tried to watch it, I couldnt see or find the option that I am almost 99.9% sure was always there for "media player" using the tv and the box remote control, wheres it went ? (the media player option I mean*).
After searching for a while using the box remote control I found the recorded file and was able to watch it, but it was an awfull long way round from having the simple media player option that used to be there with older image.
Is there a fix for this ?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. Once I started to watch the programme I recorded earlier (that I eventually found), it would be perfect for maybe a while and then start to get very very very stuttery and jerky and then sometimes just freeze completely, only fix I could find at the time was to go back to the start of the recording and play from start and skip forward to where I left off and then it was good again for another while and then after that same issue again, in the end I just ended up deleting the programme and didnt bother with all the hassle.
Is this normal ? is there a fix ?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Other thing I defo have noticed sometimes, I say "sometimes" as its not all the time, is that when changing from one channel in a bouquet to another channel in another bouquet is (using the remote control), is that the channel takes ages to change, maybe approx 10 seconds etc, even while the channel is waiting to change the VIX logo appears up on the left top corner of the screen until the channel eventually changes, and theres a noise from the box, as I am very familiar with hard drives etc It actually sounds like for a second as if the hard drive is trying to work when it shouldnt be, but I could be wrong, it could be another noise, sounds a bit like what I said though to me.
Is this common problems, is there a fix for this ?
_______________________________________________________________________
5. last but not least, can someone please tell here rather than starting yet another thread.
If I was to do a channel scan and select the option to "yes" clear all before I done a fresh scan, would that also remove all my channels I have already in my customised bouquets or does it just clear them from the "ALL" channel list, I didnt want to attempt this until I found out for sure.
________________________________________________________________________________
I hope some of you guys still have the patience to try and help with these questions, one of you did post in one of my other threads that I should give as much detail as possible, so I have hopefully done that here
Thanks if you can help
Last edited by a moderator: