Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt] HD51 Problems trying to use multiboot

Any joy? I could try flashing openatv or openpli from a USB stick?
 
Unfortunately, the box now does not fully startup. It stops with the openvix display and a full row of dots on the front panel.

I was not very sure whether it should be multiboot.py or Multiboot.py so I have both in ..screens.

I can telnet and ftp to the box OK.

I tried renaming the files and then deleting them but the box still won't fully boot!

Is there something else I could do or check?
Its probably because I thought all the recent changes were in your version.
Download latest from the ViX downloads and usb flash that version 011)
... and try that without my zip changes.
 
Last edited:
Here is the file from the telnet session after trying to run enigma2.
 

Attachments

Here is the file from the telnet session after trying to run enigma2.
You are a joy to work with!!!
Thats an info bar issue

Can you flash build 011 from the downloads
 
Last edited:
Flash 011 build!
Its the very latest and my changes will work if needed.
 
Last edited:
I flashed version 11 and did restore my settings. I found that the /boot directory was empty so I added the 4 files from your earlier post and the box has created a 5th file.

However although I have managed to add openatv to slot 2 I can't boot it nor can I get VIX to run in mode 12

What can I try next?
 
turn on debug
Stop the system with putty (init 4)
Rename the 4 STARTUP_X files to xSTARTUP_x
Go to the Screens directory ... rename Multiboot.pyo to xMultiboot.pyo
Copy my Multiboot.py to the Screens directory
Reboot (init 6)
Try to reboot to slot 2
Post the debug log(s)
The added code should deal with no STARTUP_2 by creating a new STARTUP, so there should be no way it cannot boot the new image in slot 2, so lets see what happens.
This is really weird ... but....
 
Last edited:
Thank you. SWMBO is watching the TV at the moment - I will have to try later!
 
Thank you. SWMBO is watching the TV at the moment - I will have to try later!

No problem, I admire your patience.... but something is badly screwed!!! Just don‘t know what ... yet
Hopefully the additional debug will hopefully tell me what..... compared to ImageManager this code is really simple, so its like it doesn‘t realise its a HD51 receiver........
if it doesn‘t work will have add more debug.

What we can also try is copying STARTUP_2 to STARTUP (overwrite) but lets try the 1st step and then see..
 
Last edited:
I tried to boot Vix mode 12.

The box rebooted but now /media/usb is my harddisk and /media/hdd is my USB stick.

Information/About still shows mode 1

I will remove the stick reboot and put the stick back in. (I have had this problem before)
 
In case you are waiting for a post, I just need time to flash my HD51 and look at the results!!
 
I flashed the box with openatv this then let me add openpli in position 2 and I was able to boot openpli.

Openpli let me multiboot back to openatv boxmode 12 but that has got into a loop where enigma starts up, crashes and then restarts and crashes again. Is there a way I could make openatv use boxmode 1 using telnet? if so I could also add Vix in position 3.
 
OK, the logs show that the software is doing what it should do and should reboot to slot2 - and there are no error indications.... so it believes it has re-written the STARTUP file
I have usb flashed and it wipes all the slots, installs an image on slot1 and rebuilds the boot partition which includes STARTUP, and STARTUP_1 -> STARTUP_4 files (I previously removed them on the existing system before usb flash).
... and I have to go through the startup wizard to setup the image.

So 1) can you post the contents of STARTUP and 2) as a final test can you copy the STARTUP_2 to /boot, rename STARTUP to XSTARTUP and then rename STARTUP_2 to STARTUP and reboot.
I it reboots to ATV then need more thought.
If it reboots slot1 then unzip the bootloader below to usb and do usb flash.
Then usb flash the OpenViX image and see whats in /boot

View attachment hd51-bolt-v107r19.zip
 
Last edited:
Unfortunately the box is now giving 'No Partition' instead of 'Flashing' when I try to flash it.
I have tried two different USB sticks and in the various different USB ports.

telnet and samba both connect to the box and I can see what I would expect

Any idea how to fix this one?
 
Unfortunately the box is now giving 'No Partition' instead of 'Flashing' when I try to flash it.
I have tried two different USB sticks and in the various different USB ports.

telnet and samba both connect to the box and I can see what I would expect

Any idea how to fix this one?
Looks like I just can't flash a backup image. I can flash a new image
 
zzSTARTUP is the STARTUP file I was using.
STARTUP is a copy of STARTUP_2

The box booted VIX not ATV. I will now flash what is in hd51-bolt...
 

Attachments

"When I first flashed HD51 with Vix I did use settings from another box (Xtrend ET9000 or Octagon SF4008) - I hope that is not the cause of my problems. I can just reflash the box if that would help. "

So I think you are overwriting the fstab in /etc which means that the system is mounting the wrong Emmc partition to /boot ... which is why it doesn't work.
The image build sets up the fstab with the correct boot volume for multiboot receivers, such as the HD51 (/dev/mmcblk0p1) and also the sf4008 (/dev/mmcblk0p5)

Just post /etc/fstab
here is my fstab zipped (includes my HDD/usb mounts)
you could edit yours to add correct disk mounts and then copy mine updated to your /etc/fstab

View attachment fstab.zip
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top