Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Q] no sound when playing from Synologybox

  • Thread starter Thread starter keratos
  • Start date Start date
K

keratos

Guest
I have AVIs , MP4 and alike media files on my Synologybox.
There is no mediaplayer plugin in the Plugins download , nothing.
So I use the media player built in, the button next to the MENU button, and setup LOCATIONS using the Synologybox mapped via Network Mounts in System.
I can see all the files but when I play, no audio, just image. The files play fine when streaming to PCs from the Synologybox
Where do I start in terms of diagnosing this?
thanks
 
You should indeed use the build-in multimediaplayer, no plugin.
If playback isn't OK, you need to transcode the files (e.g. with a program like 'Handbrake').
Any STB has only a limited number of codecs embedded. And unlike a PC no software codecs can be added.
 
Thanks bud.
I just installed OPENVIX v3 build 726 (latest) and all well.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top