Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

random crashes

  • Thread starter Thread starter supernalle
  • Start date Start date
S

supernalle

Guest
Hi,
I seem to have some problems with my VU+ duo.
When doing 2 recordings at the same time, a lot of times both videos are empty, 0:00 video time.
When changing channels it can crash completely and restart, same when opening EPG. Completely random. Until today it hadn't crashed for 2 weeks prior.
I also seem to have to restart the softcam from time to time (mgcamd 1.38)

How do I enable crash logs in ViX?

I have also tried reflashing, updating to the latest image and so on. I'm beginning to wonder if it could be a problem with my hard drive? Bad sectors or something... What do you think?
 
if you go to the logs manager it should show any logs generated, these can be sent directly from the box it self but you will need to fill in your details first so we can track the logs etc.

menu> setup> system> logs.

you can upload the logs here if you choose, they can be found in /home/root/logs/ accessible via any FTP program.
 
I would definately update first as those logs show you are on 473 and latest being 539...

in both cases there seems to be a problem with your mgcamd... will need a dev to look at this and figure out what up. Have you tried CCcam to see if issue can be replicate using another cam
 
I would definately update first as those logs show you are on 473 and latest being 539...

in both cases there seems to be a problem with your mgcamd... will need a dev to look at this and figure out what up. Have you tried CCcam to see if issue can be replicate using another cam

is it possible to update without reflashing? Does the online update thing work?
 
also if you still want to ue mgcamd, have a look at this post and the files added by Mr.Mister. see if these work for you

Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24555-original-vu-duo&p=182712&viewfull=1#post182712
 
also if you still want to ue mgcamd, have a look at this post and the files added by Mr.Mister. see if these work for you

Code:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24555-original-vu-duo&p=182712&viewfull=1#post182712

Ok thanks!
However, I tried updating and it says feeds are down, and it has been like that the last few days when I have tried updating. Is there a option I have disabled somewhere, or are they really down for maintenance as it says?
 
Alright, I did a reflash using the latest image.
I also noticed that mgcamd 1.38 wasn't in the downloads for vix, so I opted to use 1.35 instead. Maybe that's been the problem? 1.38 not compatible?
 
i have had problems with 1.38 on my duo reverted back to 1.35a and not had any issues for some reason just could not get 1.35 to work properly but put 1.35a in with the same mg_cfg and newcamd list files and it works fine
 
so far so good! but as i said, the crashes were completely random so I will know for sure in a few weeks time :)
 
It looks like it indeed was mgcamd version 1.38 that was acting up, or some other thing got fixed with the image update.. No crashes since update of the ViX image and downgrade of mgcamd to the 1.35 i found in the downloads section here.

Thank you for your tips guys!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top