I
irishchris
Guest
this one here mate - integral 1gb http://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-High-Speed-COURIER-Drive/dp/B000BRC91Awhat make ?, that far faster than mine![]()
this one here mate - integral 1gb http://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-High-Speed-COURIER-Drive/dp/B000BRC91Awhat make ?, that far faster than mine![]()
root@bm750:~# hdparm -tT /dev/sdb
/dev/sdb:
Timing cached reads: 900 MB in 2.00 seconds = 449.80 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 56 MB in 3.01 seconds = 18.58 MB/sec
Hi andy,
As your doing requests....
Is this one any good?
What's the important figure the cached or the buffered?Code:root@bm750:~# hdparm -tT /dev/sdb /dev/sdb: Timing cached reads: 900 MB in 2.00 seconds = 449.80 MB/sec Timing buffered disk reads: 56 MB in 3.01 seconds = 18.58 MB/sec
root@vusolo:~# hdparm -tT /dev/sdb
/dev/sdb:
Timing cached reads: 360 MB in 2.01 seconds = 178.94 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 24 MB in 3.13 seconds = 7.66 MB/sec
root@vusolo:~#
Maybe that's why mine seems to slow down.
It's also running PTS as well. Which probably won't help.
I seem to get the Spinner every 50mins or so but don't know if that is to do with the SWAP?
Mine never freezes though.
Perhaps I'll get another USB just for Swap.
Using a 1GB Imation Nano USB Stick, I get the following:-
/dev/sda:
Timing cached reads: 916 MB in 2.01 seconds = 456.84 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 140 MB in 3.04 seconds = 46.06 MB/sec
Are these speeds adequate?
Please post your device make/model which have high speeds.