Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Reading a VU+ formatted External USB drive on a PC

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cougar
  • Start date Start date
C

Cougar

Guest
Hi Guys
I have an external USB HD with recordings from my VU solo box.
How do I read this drive on my Windows XP & Windows7 based PC's?
I have tried a utility called 'Ext2 IFS' without success.
Has anyone managed to do this?
 
On a windoes 7 based pc u should be able to use the network sharing center to view the usb hdd that connected to ur box. I can view my duos internal hdd on my windows 7 lappy by just viewing what sconnected to my network and then mapping it as a network drive
 
Punisher is right with a USB-HDD connected to your Solo. I have a tool at home (sadly still at work) which allows to read your EXT3 HDD with a Windows PC directly. Will have a look when I'm at home
(don't remember the name of the tool).
 
Cheers, let me know what tool it is, as I would prefer to read it directly connected as opposed to reading it over the LAN.
 
Managed it with "Ext2 Volume Manager" Freeware - also "Ext2fsd" and "explore2fs" should be a good choice.
 
Managed it with "Ext2 Volume Manager" Freeware - also "Ext2fsd" and "explore2fs" should be a good choice.

I Tried the 'EXT Volume manager' and it was able to see the drive and assigned it a drive letter, but stated that the drive needed to be formatted.
Any Ideas?
 
It's several months ago that I used an external HDD with my Solo. I do not remember if there was a driver installation needed. It seems that Windows recognizes just a RAW partition in the volume and therefore asks to format it. Have you installed the manager and rebooted before attaching the USB HDD?
 
I Tried the 'EXT Volume manager' and it was able to see the drive and assigned it a drive letter, but stated that the drive needed to be formatted.
Any Ideas?

Windows doesn't support the linux ext2/3 file system without the 'file system driver' which is 'Ext2fsd'. The 'Ext2 Volume Manager' needs the underlying file system driver in order to work properly. I have both these installed with Windows7 and I can read anything formatted by VuDuo directly on the PC.
 
Thanks, didn't remember the namings exactly. Expected the driver is missing. Good you have sorted this.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top