Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Realign misaligned motorised dish using VIX plugins

  • Thread starter Thread starter andyking35
  • Start date Start date
A

andyking35

Guest
I'm using the latest version of VIX with my motorised dish which was working happily until the high winds in the UK a few weeks ago.

The dish is now misaligned whenever I select a channel on Sky 28.2 or Canal+ 19.2. If I go to the dish and manually press the left and right buttons to set it to 62 degrees then it works fine. However, as soon as I change a channel then the dish sees Sky 28.2 at 48 degrees for some reason.

I have tried to use the SatFinder to realign by entering it and then pressing left and right on the dish to get the signal again at 62 degrees but as soon as I change channel then it still believes that 28.2 resides at 48 degrees on the dish.

I've also tried to use the Positioner plugin to set it but it simply will not work.

I have my tuner configured as a standard USALS positioner which was working fine.

How on earth can I use the Satfinder or Positioner or other tools in Vix to tell Engima2 that 28.2 resides at 62 degrees on my dish? I hope I'm missing something obvious here :D.a
 
The tuner configuation is:

Config mode: simple
Mode: Positioner
Longituted: 000.032
Latitude: 050.394
Tuning step size 0.360
Memory positions: 049
Horiztonal turning speed: 2.3
Vertical turning speed: 1.7
 
If it is that far out of i would go outside and realign your dish its not that hard, but you can play around with your longitude settings to align it.
I really think though you would be better off fixing it properly and checking all your fixings as the dish moved so much
 
Hi , it is most likely that the motor clamps attached to the pole have allowed the motor to move on the pole. leave the usals setting as is if they were working fine before, slacken the motor clamps and move the hole assembly east or west on the pole until the dish is realigned , check the motor clamps as they may have been to slack , changing position settings manualy will not affect usals settings the dish will return to dish position selected via usals. hope this may help
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top