Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Receiver locking up switching from sat tuner, to USB cable tuner and back to sat

deckymckeown

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Hi

I am using a USB Cable Tuner DVB Sky330 with my Vu Solo2. Have the drivers installed and tuner works fine. Except when I switch to a sat channel, then I go to a cable channel and when I switch back to a sat channel the receiver locks up with the spinning vix and I need to restart with the power switch. This happens every single time

Have tried it on vu duo also with same result. Have also set the preferred tuner to C so that tuner doesn't "go to sleep" as advised in another post I read but same result

Can anyone please advise if they have same issue or can anything be done - frustrating as hell cos I have to restart all the time
 
I have sundtek usb tuner on my solo2 and i did have probs switching between sat and cable, this I fixed by setting time shift to 10 seconds, not saying it will fix your problem, my experience of dvbsky usb tuners is they can be a bit 'tempromental'
 
I have sundtek usb tuner on my solo2 and i did have probs switching between sat and cable, this I fixed by setting time shift to 10 seconds, not saying it will fix your problem, my experience of dvbsky usb tuners is they can be a bit 'tempromental'

Worth a try mate... thanks for reply
 
I have sundtek usb tuner on my solo2 and i did have probs switching between sat and cable, this I fixed by setting time shift to 10 seconds, not saying it will fix your problem, my experience of dvbsky usb tuners is they can be a bit 'tempromental'

No joy with setting the timeshift.... and yeah would def agree! Temperamental to say the least!
 
USB tuners will always depend on kernel & drivers provided by the manufacturer for that box.
Setting timeshift to 30 seconds has eliminated lock-ups on various boxes using a USB Nova-T tuner here.
Restart E2 after making the config change.
 
USB tuners will always depend on kernel & drivers provided by the manufacturer for that box.
Setting timeshift to 30 seconds has eliminated lock-ups on various boxes using a USB Nova-T tuner here.
Restart E2 after making the config change.

yep, il give that a try too mate. Thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top