Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Record and watch, Cryptoguard using CAM

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raffe81
  • Start date Start date
R

Raffe81

Guest
Hi,

I need a receiver that handles DVB-C and I need to use a CAM (cryptoguard). What I would like to is to be able to record and watch encrypted channels at the same time. I have tried to google and read about this but could not find an answer.

I have looked at the VU+ Duo2 and Xtrend ET10000, receivers that support dual tuners and have a CI-slot. However I have understood that a CA-module can only decrypt one channel at the time, no matter how many tuners you have. Is there a way around this? I mailed Dilog who is making CAMs for cryptoguard and their answer was that if I get a receiver that records without decrypting it should work.

Does this mean that the recording is still encrypted (and I can an encrypted channel during recording) and the decryption occurs when playing the recorded data?

Is this possible in any of the receivers/softwares?

Thanks,
Raffe
 
After reading some more I have found the function offline decode. Is this supported in any box?
 
All the receivers will allow you to record without decrypting, then if the provider allows the function you can decrypt on playback, similarly with offline decode will only work if the provider allows this function, I believe Xtrends are capable with some providers.
 
Ok, so it is also up to the provider. That makes it all even more difficult. I'm really starting to dislike Cryptoguard. It not like i'm trying to do something illegal.

Is it possible to use two CAMs, each one with a card of its own? It is quite cheap for me to get a second card with a CA-module but i think I read somewhere that it is not possible to use two cards from the same provider.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top