Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[SF4008] record symbol constantly on

done the above and added file and restarted. the symbol was showing at first, started recording (The Voice) for 30 secs and stopped it. symbol gone. restarted GUI, symbol not showing. restarted fully, symbol showing.
Hmm...looks like there's not much that I can do then, as something else is going on with that device setting.
There was a comment (somewhere) about device drivers (needing) fixes.
 
Hmm...looks like there's not much that I can do then, as something else is going on with that device setting.
There was a comment (somewhere) about device drivers (needing) fixes.

yes birdman, i think twol posted here or somewhere on forum that octagon know about this issue and hopefully will be fixed in near future

thanks for the support in this:thumbsup:
 
Ok I've just tried Birdmans new RecordTimer.py file and getting the same result as John, however when you put the receiver in standby then turn it back on the record icon disappears.

Recorded and then stopped a recording and the icon comes on and off like it should.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ok I've just tried Birdmans new RecordTimer.py file and getting the same result as John, however when you put the receiver in standby then turn it back on the record icon disappears.

Recorded and then stopped a recording and the icon comes on and off like it should.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there defo something with the driver. because when you record a program and stop it the symbol goes, when a full restart is done the symbol appears. we'll see what octagon can do in terms of fix.
 
Except you left of the second "_", at least you have from your posts.

Anyway - I assume the box shows up as a boxtype "sf4008", so download this file, unzip it, put the resulting RecordTimer.py into /usr/lib/enigma2/python on you box (take a copy of the RecordTimer.pyo that is already there first) then restart enigma2 (init4 then init 3).

Then start/stop a recording and see what happens to the icon.

Edit:
Whoops! Here's the file:

View attachment 53025

I had the same problem with my MB Premium Twin Plus+ and this file seems to have fixed the issue.
Many thx Birdman :thumbsup:
 
I had the same problem with my MB Premium Twin Plus+ and this file seems to have fixed the issue.
Many thx Birdman :thumbsup:
Which is slightly worrying, as the code is targetted at specific boxes, so it shouldn't have affected an MB Premium Twin Plus+ at all!?!

Did you just copy in that download file, or did you edit it in some way?
 
I just copied it in and restarted the box. I did look at the code and was then puzzled as it didn't look like it should have an effect. I think perhaps I had a different kind of funny and that the restart cured it. I will keep an eye on things and see if the problem reappears.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top