Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Recording IPTV - hangs box \ glitches - but works fine on older image

I have done loads of testing and it's impossible to record multiple channels with a single IPTV connection, unless you record channels still accessible with the internal tuners from sat dish or cable connection.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Having read some of the comments on this thread I thought I would give multiple iptv recordings a go so tried 4 at once and it worked! It was only for a few minutes as a test.
This was not a paid for sub just some free streams so don't know if that would make a difference.
 
Yes free streams will work no bother. I'll be doing more testing tonight.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
 
Paid subs are normally locked to the amount of streams they allow some allow 2 streams at the same time and some only allow one but you can purchase multroom connections.

Also I'm not entirely sure how some are claiming they can record and view another on a single connection sub it could be that the server doesn't automatically boot one connection when another is connected FYI if that is the case and the server finds out your abusing it then they can bann you or they are just resellers that don't know that they are actually selling multiroom subs.

Ps mods I've just re read this post and I'm not sure if it's borderline to braking forum rules if it is feel free to delete it and apologies in advance
 
Last edited:
Paid subs are normally locked to the amount of streams they allow some allow 2 streams at the same time and some only allow one but you can purchase multroom connections.

Also I'm not entirely sure how some are claiming they can record and view another on a single connection sub it could be that the server doesn't automatically boot one connection when another is connected FYI if that is the case and the server finds out your abusing it then they can bann you or they are just resellers that don't know that they are actually selling multiroom subs.

Ps mods I've just re read this post and I'm not sure if it's borderline to braking forum rules if it is feel free to delete it and apologies in advance
Well said, totally agree.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
 
Hi
Can someone explain how to do I get "To get an OE2 bouquet list, when downloading from a X-C site, just select the OE2 from the dropdown box"
in E-C and cant find sorry
 
Hey folks,

Up and running on my Duo2, question though, after using E-Channelizer to update to the 4 stream reference ID if I try to press record on that channel using the EPG timer the box crashes...any ideas? I have a dual sub and watching those channels works fine, just seems to be when I hit record from EPG. Is the type supposed to remain DVB only it auto switches to IPTV?

Cheers
Dan
 
Apologies I did not read the earlier thread correctly we're getting away from the stream reference starting 4 and making it 1 for DVB. I've done this and also tried a new VIX image of 5.0.013 mentioned but anytime I record I get glitch/switch where the channel I am watching gradually becomes the channel I am trying to record.

To rule out the dual sub on my IPTV provider I even have a separate provider but recording while watching the other results the same. Any ideas?
 
Are you using a plugin or your own bouquets for IPTV

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
 
So an update. Tonight I tried flashing 5.0.013 without restoring my settings in case this caused the issue, same result unfortunately. Then I tried updating, same result. I then resorted to install OpenPLI 4 which interestingly did exactly the same!

Still playing but totally baffled!
 
Changing from IPTV to DVB in E-chanellizer is only for the EPG.
It just renames the code of the IPTV CH to the relevant code for the DVB CH so it will appear in your EPG.
From what i've read/seen elsewhere ultimately, all channelizer does is add the iptv stream (.ts) to end of the service ID within your bouquets. Doing this allows EPG and recording of IPTV (odd glitch i've found but it could be down to IPTV provider). Timeshift doesn't really work at all on OpenVix (it is a bit better on ATV but still basically unusable).

So for Sky1, the service ID is:
Code:
#SERVICE 1:0:1:1656:7e5:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
now just add your IPTV .ts stream to end so it's like:
Code:
#SERVICE 1:0:1:1656:7e5:2:11a0000:0:0:0:http%3a//iptv-url/live/username/password/73Q06lcemP/106.ts:Sky1
Note the "%3a" instead of the colon ":" - I don't know why that is there but it doesn't work unless this colon is changed to %3a within the URL section of that code
 
Thanks bbbuk,

I found the .tv files created by e-channelizer and opened them in Notepad++ thing is mine all seem to have th %3a you mention already.

Now what I dont know is if thats whats really on the box. Any pointers on how to find the file corresponding on the box itself (FTP location) so I can validate the content outside of E-Channelizer?

Cheers
Dan
 
So for Sky1, the service ID is:
Code:
#SERVICE 1:0:1:1656:7e5:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
Not meaning to be pedantic, but that is the service reference of one of the Sky 1 channels. Not Service ID.

There are three Sky 1 channels with different SIDs and and also references
[TABLE="width: 64"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 64"]0x1656[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]0x125d[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]0x128e[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The service IDs are contained in the service references
 
I'm having exactly the same issue as shocky_uk!! It's sending me nuts. I don't think its a dual sub issue as it also occurs when watching something I have previously recorded. i.e. if I am currently recording from a stream and start to watch somthing previously recorded the stream and the recording i'm playing start to combine/glitch/switch. I have already implemented everything else discussed in this thread so i'm at a total loss of what to do. I've got a VU+ Duo2 with OpenVIX 5.0.16.

Any idea?

Cheers
Chris
 
Not meaning to be pedantic..., but that is the service reference of one of the Sky 1 channels. Not Service ID....
You are being pedantic lol. To us normal end users, service ID or service ref we would class as the same.

Are you one of these it's not MAC code, it's MAC lol ? :)



Now what I dont know is if thats whats really on the box. Any pointers on how to find the file corresponding on the box itself (FTP location) so I can validate the content outside of E-Channelizer?
The files are stored in /etc/enigma2 folder on your box. The files end in .tv and filename may differ depending on if using ABM or another bouquet maker/custom bouquets. For ABM, the filenames vary depending on which section they are in but are named like "userbouquet.abm.sat_282_sky_uk.101.tv".
 
Last edited:
Thank you bbbuk, this allowed me to check and the files on the box are as I believe everyone is saying they need to be e.g.

#SERVICE 1:0:19:f04:7f0:2:11a0000:0:0:0:http%3A//provider%3Aport/live/user/pass/102.ts
#DESCRIPTION FILM 4 HD

But yet still the issue occurs :(
 
What issue are you having?

If I start a record on a dual subscription or even a separate subscription it gradually morphs what I'm watching (so different IPTV channel) in to the one being recorded :-(

I have 100mb broadband so confident speed of connection is not an issue.
 
Done some more playing today;

If I watch freesat I can record an IPTV no issue from a timer/epg. However if I try to record IPTV while watching ANY IPTV even from another provider I get the same issue.

I am validating my provider is dual subscription, however since I've also tried a separate provider I am certain this is not the issue - he is also just showed/confirmed while I was typing I am 100% dual subscription.

I am puzzled how others can record 2 or watch and record on Duo2 but I cannot...my provider installed Hitachi HDD, curious what else can be different? Any firmware outside of ViX I can try?
 
Done some more playing today;

If I watch freesat I can record an IPTV no issue from a timer/epg. However if I try to record IPTV while watching ANY IPTV even from another provider I get the same issue.

I am validating my provider is dual subscription, however since I've also tried a separate provider I am certain this is not the issue - he is also just showed/confirmed while I was typing I am 100% dual subscription.

I am puzzled how others can record 2 or watch and record on Duo2 but I cannot...my provider installed Hitachi HDD, curious what else can be different? Any firmware outside of ViX I can try?
I think I noticed something similar with my IPTV provider and I also have multiroom. It's like it gets confused if recording and watching IPTV at same time. I have assumed this is a limitation of E2 or image (I haven't yet tried this on another image like ATV, BlackHole or PLi, etc)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top