Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Recording IPTV - hangs box \ glitches - but works fine on older image

Done some more playing today;

If I watch freesat I can record an IPTV no issue from a timer/epg. However if I try to record IPTV while watching ANY IPTV even from another provider I get the same issue.

I am validating my provider is dual subscription, however since I've also tried a separate provider I am certain this is not the issue - he is also just showed/confirmed while I was typing I am 100% dual subscription.

I am puzzled how others can record 2 or watch and record on Duo2 but I cannot...my provider installed Hitachi HDD, curious what else can be different? Any firmware outside of ViX I can try?
You will never be able to record 2 channels and watch a 3rd on a Vu+Duo2 with a iptv stream or multiroom. It's got nothing to do with Vix image or any other image or Enigma2,i tested several stb and the VU+DUO2 was one of them that would NOT record without problems. If you are thinking of replacing iptv with whatever you was using before Sly lost channels then the only box i would purchase & have purchased from W.O.S is the Mut@nt HD51 4K £189. I have mine setup for freesat & iptv and i can say from day one has NEVER let me down. Other members will tell you iptv is a load of crap that's because they were more than likely using a old stb not made specifically for iptv like the Mut@nt HD51 4K and is IPTV READY.
 
You will never be able to record 2 channels and watch a 3rd on a Vu+Duo2 with a iptv stream or multiroom. It's got nothing to do with Vix image or any other image or Enigma2,i tested several stb and the VU+DUO2 was one of them that would NOT record without problems. If you are thinking of replacing iptv with whatever you was using before Sly lost channels then the only box i would purchase & have purchased from W.O.S is the Mut@nt HD51 4K £189. I have mine setup for freesat & iptv and i can say from day one has NEVER let me down. Other members will tell you iptv is a load of crap that's because they were more than likely using a old stb not made specifically for iptv like the Mut@nt HD51 4K and is IPTV READY.
hi had a vu uno 4k and it would only record of iptv if you had Freeview on. I now have A mut@nt HD51 ...... and still the same must be down to the iptv ::(
 
You will never be able to record 2 channels and watch a 3rd on a Vu+Duo2 with a iptv stream or multiroom. It's got nothing to do with Vix image or any other image or Enigma2,i tested several stb and the VU+DUO2 was one of them that would NOT record without problems. If you are thinking of replacing iptv with whatever you was using before Sly lost channels then the only box i would purchase & have purchased from W.O.S is the Mut@nt HD51 4K £189. I have mine setup for freesat & iptv and i can say from day one has NEVER let me down. Other members will tell you iptv is a load of crap that's because they were more than likely using a old stb not made specifically for iptv like the Mut@nt HD51 4K and is IPTV READY.

Stop banging on about the Mut@nt HD51 being IPTV Ready. All receivers are capable of receiving IPTV content, but admittedly newer generation boxes will be better. I have finally sussed my recording(s) issues out and records successfully on my Vu+ receivers including the Duo2. A lot of it is to do with where you get your IPTV source from as well as changing settings with the stream files.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
hi had a vu uno 4k and it would only record of iptv if you had Freeview on. I now have A mut@nt HD51 ...... and still the same must be down to the iptv ::(

Silly boy for getting rid of the Uno 4K. [emoji85]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I tried PLI same issue. I also pulled BH and looked at wooosh or something but all in all just hope its something VIX team can resolve.

Curious if the peeps on mutant get same issue?
 
You need to spend time with the m3u file. Use e-channelizer, create nice sectional bouquets, link the service reference to each streams etc. Its not a 5 min job, but well worth it in the end instead of using the shitty scripts the providers provide you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
...A lot of it is to do with where you get your IPTV source from as well as changing settings with the stream files...
How/where would we go about changing these settings for the stream files?
 
You need to spend time with the m3u file. Use e-channelizer, create nice sectional bouquets, link the service reference to each streams etc. Its not a 5 min job, but well worth it in the end instead of using the shitty scripts the providers provide you.

Andy, if my stream references are correct how does this resolve the issue on the duo? It might look nicer (my provider already creates a number of bouquets which best I can tell from everyone's comments are technically correct)?

My thought trail is perhaps different providers use different software to render streams or perhaps different codecs which may alter the results of recording?
 
Andy, if my stream references are correct how does this resolve the issue on the duo? It might look nicer (my provider already creates a number of bouquets which best I can tell from everyone's comments are technically correct)?

My thought trail is perhaps different providers use different software to render streams or perhaps different codecs which may alter the results of recording?

Have you changed stream type to DVB from IPTV on all your streams?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Ive had quite a few tests with iptv some provide a pretty good bouquet,some just all in one bouquet which you can have a bit play about with with an editor.not sure how they will run on a long run with channel ref change.we have been spoon fed with ABM which updatated all ref changes[emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Have you changed stream type to DVB from IPTV on all your streams?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually with this provider they come already as DVB in Echannelizer, most UK even have EPG already too
 
The little issue I have I don't believe is provider because I can record fine on two different boxes at same time. It's just appears to glitch when recording an IPTV channel and watching another IPTV channel. It's fine if recording IPTV channel and watching FTA channel.
 
What sort of speeds are you getting? And have you a gigabit lan port?
 
Hi all,

I have finally resolved the issue! I contacted my IPTV provider who confirmed that ther were no restrictions on my dual sub. Having looked else where for an answer it was suggested to change the service id from DVB to IPTV.

Use 4097

#SERVICE 4097:0:1:168:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//stream.Exampleiptv.com%3a25461/live/User/Password/1225.ts:UK: BBC 1 HD
#DESCRIPTION BBC One HD

Intsead of 1

#SERVICE 1:0:1:168:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//stream.Exampleiptv.com%3a25461/live/User/Password/1225.ts:UK: BBC 1 HD
#DESCRIPTION BBC One HD

Having done this, I can now record two streams at the same time, I can also record and watch the same stream. All the glitching/morphing has stopped. I am now using the EPG importer plugin to assign EPG as cross EPG doesnt seem to work with the 4097 service ID.

I hope this helps
Chris
 
Hi all,

I have finally resolved the issue!

I hope this helps
Chris

Hey Chris,

Are you saying Duo2 with Openvix 5.x your working?

Only I had my provider reset my sub and moved it to my dads crappy zgemma star and it worked, no tweaking, no messing nothing...recording and everything which in my eyes confirmed something specific to the Duo?
 
Hi all,

I have finally resolved the issue! I contacted my IPTV provider who confirmed that ther were no restrictions on my dual sub. Having looked else where for an answer it was suggested to change the service id from DVB to IPTV.

Use 4097

#SERVICE 4097:0:1:168:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//stream.Exampleiptv.com%3a25461/live/User/Password/1225.ts:UK: BBC 1 HD
#DESCRIPTION BBC One HD

Intsead of 1

#SERVICE 1:0:1:168:0:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//stream.Exampleiptv.com%3a25461/live/User/Password/1225.ts:UK: BBC 1 HD
#DESCRIPTION BBC One HD

Having done this, I can now record two streams at the same time, I can also record and watch the same stream. All the glitching/morphing has stopped. I am now using the EPG importer plugin to assign EPG as cross EPG doesnt seem to work with the 4097 service ID.

I hope this helps
Chris

Can confirm that this works perfectly on a solo2. I can instantrecord 2 different 4097 service ids at the same time while viewing a dvb channel with no issues at all.
Now to try to convince the xtream-editor dev to change all of his service ids so I caan keep my nicely ordered, auto-updating channel list with epg... :D

Thanks for finding the fix!
 
Not really a fix. As I use DVB as my stream type, I.e. 1:x:x etc and records fine on my various boxes. The problem using IPTV as your stream type, I.e. 4097:x:x etc is will drift out of sync (audio).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top