Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[TM-NANO-2-SUPER] Recordings - Improvement Suggestions

deepthort

Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2016
Messages
31
Reaction score
5
Points
8
Hi, I have two suggestions which I believe would improve the functionality of the recording function.

Suggestion 1: At present we can, through the System Setup, define "Default Movie Location", "Timer Recording Location" and "Instant Recording Location" all of which is fine as far as it goes. However, from my perspective and maybe that of others(?) it would be even better if we could select different locations to store individual programs/movies as part of each recording set up. This could (I hope!) be easily achieved by adding an "Ask User" in the Timer recording and Instant Recording Locations settings. So, if a user sets up in that way he is then offered - on pressing the Record button or setting a timer - a list of storage locations to select from, very much like the system already employed for downloads on TSMedia. Of course, anyone who doesn't want the additional step of selecting location can simply leave their settings as they are now. However, the big benefit as I see it of using such a facility is that I can now more easily categorise my recordings into as many different types as I wish, without having to shift files about after the event. For instance, I can pre-set up folders for, say, Action Movies, Soaps, Kids Programs, Documentaries, Sports, Miscellaneous etc and direct the recording in advance to the right folder.

Suggestion 2: Is really an adjunct to the above but could be implemented separately. I think it would be good if individual storage folders could be pin protected. So, for instance, kids could be allowed access to their own recordings folder(s) but not any that might contain inappropriate stuff. I feel this would be especially helpful in the event that Suggestion 1 above were implemented, but I don't know whether it's practicable or not...

Perhaps one of our experts in here could look at these ideas and say if they think they're possible/desirable or not?

Thanks
Martin
 
You can already select individual folders to store recordings created from timers/autotimers, unless I've misunderstood what you're trying to achieve.
 
Last edited:
Yh you already can do that. You make a folder and when you are adjusting timer settings, you are given the option for where you would lik the recording to be saved
 
Yh you already can do that. You make a folder and when you are adjusting timer settings, you are given the option for where you would lik the recording to be saved

Yup, true wrt timer recording (didn't spot that) but not true of instant recording (which I confess is mainly what I do).
Martin
 
Yup, true wrt timer recording (didn't spot that) but not true of instant recording (which I confess is mainly what I do).
Martin
That's probably why it's called instant, a few more key strokes will achieve exactly what you want.
And you did use the phrase "in advance", I'm surprised you're not using autotimers.
 
The "in advance" bit was in relation to posting the recording into a particular folder rather than transferring the recording after the event. I do agree about the timer recording bit, but I generally just surf and impulse record, wherein I think the request as described is still valid, especially as it's been implemented already (as you have pointed out) for timers as well as downloads. Also, the bit about pin coding individual folders is also still valid in my opinion.
Thanks for the correction
Martin
 
Yh you already can do that. You make a folder and when you are adjusting timer settings, you are given the option for where you would lik the recording to be saved
Just slightly more than that.
You also have to add it as a Location before it will show up as a selectable location for the recording.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top