Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue UHD UE 4K] Recordings lost after update

Robgh

New member
Joined
Sep 26, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Today, Saturday, updated my receiver from 6.6.010 to 6.7.001, and after flashing , I restored my settings. The receiver came back up , but had to wait while the TV guide was renewed? I then checked my recordings, but there were none at all. So have I lost them for good or can they be retrieved .
I did have about 14 recordings from different tv programs.

Thanks
 
Try a hard reboot power off at rear.
 
Today, Saturday, updated my receiver from 6.6.010 to 6.7.001, and after flashing , I restored my settings. The receiver came back up , but had to wait while the TV guide was renewed? I then checked my recordings, but there were none at all. So have I lost them for good or can they be retrieved .
I did have about 14 recordings from different tv programs.

Thanks

An upgrade should not touch your recordings. What may have happened is the hard disk hasn't been mounted correctly.

First put you box into deep standby (long press of the on/off button on your remote and select deep standby)
The after the box has gone into deep standby turn it off at the mains and leave it off for 60 seconds to let internal voltages to discharge.
On reapplying main power the box should boot up - a cold boot.

Now check if you recordings have been restored.

If not
menu/setup/Recordings, Playback and Timeshift/Recording
Make sure that "Default movie location" = your hard disk or where ever you have stored them (default = /media/hdd/movie)

If still not seen
menu/setup/vix/mount manager

Is the device (hard disk) listed there? If it is highlight it and press Blue to mount it.
 
as @adm --- just press blue button, select ViX, select MountManager and reset Mounts ending with your normal HDD mounted as HDD --- after that should be fine
 
After putting the box in deep standby then unplugging it from the mains for 60 seconds, then rebooting, I don't have a TV screen now. When the box has finished booting up , the tv screen goes blank, and only the time is displayed in the window on the box. Using the remote doesn't do anything apart from the blue light flashing every time I press a button.

What now.

Thanks
 
Ok, but it's a few years since i did it that way, Thanks
 
After putting the box in deep standby then unplugging it from the mains for 60 seconds, then rebooting, I don't have a TV screen now. When the box has finished booting up , the tv screen goes blank, and only the time is displayed in the window on the box. Using the remote doesn't do anything apart from the blue light flashing every time I press a button.

What now.

Thanks

Try pressing menu on the remote. It could be that the box has lost all it's settings including the scan for channels etc. which may/will just give you the blank screen. The hard disk may still not be mounted.

If you get the menu up check that your disk is mounted menu/setup/vix/mount manager

If mounted restore settings menu/setup/vix/backup manager/ (the date and time should be in the file name) and press yellow to restore.

Alternatively
Possibly if you get the menu up you may want to restore your old image - the one before your upgraded :-
menu/setup/vix/image manager/ select the previous image version - press blue to flash.
 
I managed to reflash the receiver, and it is all up and running now,and the recordings are back as well.

Trhanks all
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top