Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Recordings play back issue, and info button

Cheeseman

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2012
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Age
57
Hi,

I purchased a DUO2 from WOS about 4-5 weeks ago. I've been running this box in tandem with my Humax Foxsat hdr until I have managed to set it up as I want it.

There are a couple of things which after searching I'm unable to find an answer.

The first is probable a simple answer, in a number of the Metrix menus there is an option to press the "menu button" or the "info button". Which button is the "info button"? I have the latest remote, I've looked at the help files on the box and searched the forum. I'm sure I'm just being a bit thick but I can't work out which button it is.

The second issue is when I stop a previously recorded program, the box occasionally freezes and the Vix spinner appears. This sometimes takes 20 -30 seconds to clear and then everything is fine. Although this isn't a massive problem it is quite annoying.
I have two NFS shares set up both pointing to my NAS, I was wondering if this may be causing the issue.

Also, where are the log files stored? I use SSH Putty & WINSCP to transfer files and look for the logs.

My box is a VU+ DUO2 with two twin DVB-s twin tuners & a 2TB WD20ears 3.5 hdd.

The Vix image version is 3.0, Build 729.

Many thanks
 
Hi,

I purchased a DUO2 from WOS about 4-5 weeks ago. I've been running this box in tandem with my Humax Foxsat hdr until I have managed to set it up as I want it.

There are a couple of things which after searching I'm unable to find an answer.

The first is probable a simple answer, in a number of the Metrix menus there is an option to press the "menu button" or the "info button". Which button is the "info button"? I have the latest remote, I've looked at the help files on the box and searched the forum. I'm sure I'm just being a bit thick but I can't work out which button it is.

Not sure as i have not used the new remote but look for a button named guide or try the help button see if that works.

The second issue is when I stop a previously recorded program, the box occasionally freezes and the Vix spinner appears. This sometimes takes 20 -30 seconds to clear and then everything is fine. Although this isn't a massive problem it is quite annoying.
I have two NFS shares set up both pointing to my NAS, I was wondering if this may be causing the issue.

Also, where are the log files stored? I use SSH Putty & WINSCP to transfer files and look for the logs.

My box is a VU+ DUO2 with two twin DVB-s twin tuners & a 2TB WD20ears 3.5 hdd.

The Vix image version is 3.0, Build 729.

Many thanks

Logs by default are stored to /home/root/logs/
 
Info button is normally epg

Sent from S3. Tapatalk 4
 
Thank you Pheonix & Burnout, that seems to have resolved the info button, it is indeed the epg button, any thoughts about the freezing up when stopping a pre-record show, does this happen with either of you boxes?
 
Last edited:
Does it happen when coming out of pause or going into pause ?.
 
Neither, it only happens when I press stop after I have finished watching a recording, pausing seems to be fine.
 
Further observations, this only happens when the recording has been playing for a while. If I play a recording and immediately stop it then there is no delay in stopping or freezing. Is this normal?
 
Last edited:
Sorry for the shameless bump. Does anyone else have a delay when pressing the stop button when playing a file from there hard drive? I am thinking of starting again unless this is normal behaviour.
 
Thanks Rob,
so I think I may start again as this is quite irritating, BTW I can't see an option to disable the OSD in the LCD4Linux Plugin.
 
Delay in stopping or freezing[SOLVED]

This problem turned out to be caused by the NFS network mounts. I started again and with a later image and all was well until I added my mounts, I remove the mounts which cured the problem. This doesn't happen when I use CIFS.
My NAS is a QNAP.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top